New football sessions being launched in Clayhall
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
A Redbridge-based football group will be launching new sport sessions from next week.
Junior Futsal is a chance for children to get involved in a small sided football game, which takes its roots from South America.
Tony Charles, from the Foundation Football, said it emphasises technical skills and ability while under pressure.
The first session will be on Monday from 6pm to 8pm at Beal High School, in Woodford Bridge Road, Clayhall.
Tony said it is one of the many sessions children are encouraged to get involved in in the borough to improve their fitness and skills.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “An active child is more likely to become an active adult, so get them in the habit now! After all, there’s no better way to keep fit and healthy.
“Sport helps children develop all sorts of skills including balance and co-ordination. Being part of a team gives kids a great sense of belonging.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures
“It also challenges them to work in a group, and encourages them to think of others. Sport doesn’t have to mean competitive teams and expensive equipment but it should always be fun.”
The foundation offers after school clubs and school holiday courses – the next of which will be during October half term at Beal High School.
Advanced coaching courses are also available at the school every Saturday for children aged five to 15, and Wednesdays for children aged five to 11.
For more information call Tony Charles on 0701740 4720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org