New football sessions being launched in Clayhall
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
A Redbridge-based football group will be launching new sport sessions from next week.
Junior Futsal is a chance for children to get involved in a small sided football game, which takes its roots from South America.
Tony Charles, from the Foundation Football, said it emphasises technical skills and ability while under pressure.
The first session will be on Monday from 6pm to 8pm at Beal High School, in Woodford Bridge Road, Clayhall.
Tony said it is one of the many sessions children are encouraged to get involved in in the borough to improve their fitness and skills.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “An active child is more likely to become an active adult, so get them in the habit now! After all, there’s no better way to keep fit and healthy.
“Sport helps children develop all sorts of skills including balance and co-ordination. Being part of a team gives kids a great sense of belonging.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 4 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
“It also challenges them to work in a group, and encourages them to think of others. Sport doesn’t have to mean competitive teams and expensive equipment but it should always be fun.”
The foundation offers after school clubs and school holiday courses – the next of which will be during October half term at Beal High School.
Advanced coaching courses are also available at the school every Saturday for children aged five to 15, and Wednesdays for children aged five to 11.
For more information call Tony Charles on 0701740 4720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org