New art trail unveiled at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Institute’s new sculpture trail has been opened by Ilford North MP Lee Scott as part of Adult Learners’ Week.
The Redbridge Institute of Adult Education, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, unveiled its Inside Outside trail, intended to show the public what students have been learning.
Stained glass, mosaics, stone carving, wood carving and pottery classes have all contributed to the trail.
The first phase was funded by Redbridge Arts Council and is now open.
Mr Scott said he was particularly impressed by the “great mosaic works and sculptures outside showing different seasons”.
You may also want to watch:
The trail is free to visit.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures