New art trail unveiled at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge Institute’s new sculpture trail has been opened by Ilford North MP Lee Scott as part of Adult Learners’ Week.
The Redbridge Institute of Adult Education, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, unveiled its Inside Outside trail, intended to show the public what students have been learning.
Stained glass, mosaics, stone carving, wood carving and pottery classes have all contributed to the trail.
The first phase was funded by Redbridge Arts Council and is now open.
Mr Scott said he was particularly impressed by the “great mosaic works and sculptures outside showing different seasons”.
You may also want to watch:
The trail is free to visit.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week