New acting King Solomon High School head announced
- Credit: Archant
King Solomon High School announced today Dr Paul Doherty will take over as acting headteacher after Jo Shuter was banned from teaching for life this week.
Dr Doherty, also the head teacher of Trinity School, Mornington Road in Woodford Green, will begin his temporary role on Monday.
Ms Shuter can appeal against the decision made by the National College for Teaching and Leadership after which she was suspended by King Solomon school.
In a statement to parents, sent by email, Stephanie Sollosi, chair of governors at the school in Barkingside, wrote: “At the beginning of the week I promised to confirm arrangements for securing the leadership of our school. “In consultation with Redbridge Council, I can confirm that Dr Paul Doherty, currently head teacher of Trinity School, will be acting head teacher with effect from Monday May 19.
“He will be writing to you personally to introduce himself and set out the principles of how he will continue to take our school forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Doherty received an OBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours List in 2012 for his services to education.
He has been head at Trinity Catholic High School for more than 30 years.
- 1 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 2 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath