New acting King Solomon High School head announced
- Credit: Archant
King Solomon High School announced today Dr Paul Doherty will take over as acting headteacher after Jo Shuter was banned from teaching for life this week.
Dr Doherty, also the head teacher of Trinity School, Mornington Road in Woodford Green, will begin his temporary role on Monday.
Ms Shuter can appeal against the decision made by the National College for Teaching and Leadership after which she was suspended by King Solomon school.
In a statement to parents, sent by email, Stephanie Sollosi, chair of governors at the school in Barkingside, wrote: “At the beginning of the week I promised to confirm arrangements for securing the leadership of our school. “In consultation with Redbridge Council, I can confirm that Dr Paul Doherty, currently head teacher of Trinity School, will be acting head teacher with effect from Monday May 19.
“He will be writing to you personally to introduce himself and set out the principles of how he will continue to take our school forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Doherty received an OBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours List in 2012 for his services to education.
He has been head at Trinity Catholic High School for more than 30 years.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 4 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 5 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
- 6 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 7 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 8 Two in five people in Redbridge may have had Covid, data shows
- 9 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 10 Covid vaccine invitations a priority for Royal Mail, says MP