New acting King Solomon High School head announced
- Credit: Archant
King Solomon High School announced today Dr Paul Doherty will take over as acting headteacher after Jo Shuter was banned from teaching for life this week.
Dr Doherty, also the head teacher of Trinity School, Mornington Road in Woodford Green, will begin his temporary role on Monday.
Ms Shuter can appeal against the decision made by the National College for Teaching and Leadership after which she was suspended by King Solomon school.
In a statement to parents, sent by email, Stephanie Sollosi, chair of governors at the school in Barkingside, wrote: “At the beginning of the week I promised to confirm arrangements for securing the leadership of our school. “In consultation with Redbridge Council, I can confirm that Dr Paul Doherty, currently head teacher of Trinity School, will be acting head teacher with effect from Monday May 19.
“He will be writing to you personally to introduce himself and set out the principles of how he will continue to take our school forward.”
You may also want to watch:
Dr Doherty received an OBE in the Queen’s New Year Honours List in 2012 for his services to education.
He has been head at Trinity Catholic High School for more than 30 years.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 5 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 6 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman