National Offer Day: Half of Redbridge secondary schools over capacity
- Credit: PA WIRE
Half of the borough’s secondary schools are over capacity, according to new figures.
London mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan today revealed the data which showed nine of Redbridge’s 18 secondary schools were over capacity – the worst in London.
Joining Redbridge with half of its secondary schools also over capacity was Kingston upon Thames – it had five over capacity schools.
The study, which excludes independent schools, comes as parents across the borough today found out if their children were given places at preferred schools, on what is National Offer Day.
The numbers show that one in five of London’s secondary schools is now full or over capacity – the highest percentage of any region in the country.
You may also want to watch:
However, the research shows Hackney, Lambeth and Newham have no issues with capacity at all.
Did your children get into their preferred school today? Or did they miss out? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3835 with your views.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test