National Offer Day: Half of Redbridge secondary schools over capacity
- Credit: PA WIRE
Half of the borough’s secondary schools are over capacity, according to new figures.
London mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan today revealed the data which showed nine of Redbridge’s 18 secondary schools were over capacity – the worst in London.
Joining Redbridge with half of its secondary schools also over capacity was Kingston upon Thames – it had five over capacity schools.
The study, which excludes independent schools, comes as parents across the borough today found out if their children were given places at preferred schools, on what is National Offer Day.
The numbers show that one in five of London’s secondary schools is now full or over capacity – the highest percentage of any region in the country.
You may also want to watch:
However, the research shows Hackney, Lambeth and Newham have no issues with capacity at all.
Did your children get into their preferred school today? Or did they miss out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3835 with your views.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole