National Offer Day: Half of Redbridge secondary schools over capacity
- Credit: PA WIRE
Half of the borough’s secondary schools are over capacity, according to new figures.
London mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan today revealed the data which showed nine of Redbridge’s 18 secondary schools were over capacity – the worst in London.
Joining Redbridge with half of its secondary schools also over capacity was Kingston upon Thames – it had five over capacity schools.
The study, which excludes independent schools, comes as parents across the borough today found out if their children were given places at preferred schools, on what is National Offer Day.
The numbers show that one in five of London’s secondary schools is now full or over capacity – the highest percentage of any region in the country.
You may also want to watch:
However, the research shows Hackney, Lambeth and Newham have no issues with capacity at all.
Did your children get into their preferred school today? Or did they miss out? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8477 3835 with your views.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments