National Offer Day: Half of Redbridge secondary schools over capacity
- Credit: PA WIRE
Half of the borough’s secondary schools are over capacity, according to new figures.
London mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan today revealed the data which showed nine of Redbridge’s 18 secondary schools were over capacity – the worst in London.
Joining Redbridge with half of its secondary schools also over capacity was Kingston upon Thames – it had five over capacity schools.
The study, which excludes independent schools, comes as parents across the borough today found out if their children were given places at preferred schools, on what is National Offer Day.
The numbers show that one in five of London’s secondary schools is now full or over capacity – the highest percentage of any region in the country.
You may also want to watch:
However, the research shows Hackney, Lambeth and Newham have no issues with capacity at all.
Did your children get into their preferred school today? Or did they miss out? Email email@example.com or call 020 8477 3835 with your views.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 5 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford