Mystery over headteacher absence from Ilford primary school
The headteacher of an Ilford primary school has not been at the school for more than a month but the school and Redbridge Council will not say why.
Mark Mahoney has led Winston Way Primary School, in Winston Way, since it opened in 2007.
But it is understood he has not been at work since the beginning of December.
It is not known how long he will be away.
Former deputy headteacher Deborah Webb, is acting headteacher in Mr Mahoney’s absence.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Council would not give a reason for it or say if the absence was voluntary.
A spokesman said: “The council is unable to comment on this matter.”
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
The school came bottom in a government league table of Redbridge primary schools released last month. No one was available for comment.
Are you the parent of a Winston Way Primary School pupil? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.