Mystery over headteacher absence from Ilford primary school
The headteacher of an Ilford primary school has not been at the school for more than a month but the school and Redbridge Council will not say why.
Mark Mahoney has led Winston Way Primary School, in Winston Way, since it opened in 2007.
But it is understood he has not been at work since the beginning of December.
It is not known how long he will be away.
Former deputy headteacher Deborah Webb, is acting headteacher in Mr Mahoney’s absence.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge Council would not give a reason for it or say if the absence was voluntary.
A spokesman said: “The council is unable to comment on this matter.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
The school came bottom in a government league table of Redbridge primary schools released last month. No one was available for comment.
Are you the parent of a Winston Way Primary School pupil? Call us on 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.