Musical send off for Ilford deputy head after 25 years
- Credit: Archant
A beloved deputy headteacher waved goodbye to her pupils after leaving the primary school for the last time.
Jean Durr, 59, left Highlands Primary School, in Highlands Garden, Ilford, after working there for a whopping 25 years.
The school held a party and concert for her, where the youngsters put on performances.
Her sister Kate Jackson, 72, said: “The party was lovely and everyone is very upset by Jean leaving.”
Jean was also the school’s music teacher.
You may also want to watch:
She said she was very attached to the children and staff and had made a lot of good friends there.
Jean added: “I’m interested in following my passion in music and hopefully I’ll have more time to spend with my family.”
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green