Multifaiths play raises �10,500 for charity with Woodford Green performances
A show directed and performed by Woodford Green pupils, has raised an estimated �5,000 for three charities.
The Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist and Muslim Society presented Taal to a sell-out audience at Bancroft’s School, High Road on Friday and Saturday. Now in its 11th year, Taal (meaning rhythm of life) has become an important part of the school’s cultural life.
More than 130 pupils performed an exciting combination of drama, music and dance.
Written by sixth formers, Rhys Durham and Hamim Ahmad, the event finished with a dinner on Saturday.
Directors Faheem Kirefu, Luxika Ellalan and Rhys Durham said: “The primary aim of Taal is to raise as much money as we can for our selected charities, so that we can make a positive change to those who are less fortunate than us.”
You may also want to watch:
This year’s chosen charities were Cancer Research UK, The Serendip Children’s Home in Sri Lanka and Sightsavers International (Pakistani branch).
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 9 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London