MP praises audacious Hainault gardening project
- Credit: Archant
Ilford North MP Wes Streeting has heaped praise on an innovative social enterprise scheme, after a visit to Forest Farm Peace Garden.
Audacious Veg, run from the allotment in Hazelbrouck Gardens, Hainault, provides young adults, referred by social services, a four month paid work placement.
The scheme sells gourmet baby salad mixes, edible flowers and micro-herbs to restaurants across London, and gives the young adult trainees the experience of working at a cutting edge enterprise.
Mr Streeting said: “It was great to visit Audacious Veg in Hainault to see the team at work.
“It’s brilliant to see a local social enterprise like this helping to create opportunities for young people to gain practical skills and overcome the barriers to employment that they’ve faced as a result of the challenges that life has thrown at them.”
You may also want to watch:
Audacious Veg founder Natalie Szarek said they were “happy” to have the support of the Labour MP.
She added: “We think that Audacious Veg has the potential to put Redbridge on the map as a pioneering borough in terms of local food production and sustainability.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 7 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 8 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 9 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
If you would like to get involved with the project visit audaciousveg.org.