Mini firefighters and pint-sized police at Ilford nursery
- Credit: Archant
Mini firefighters squirted water out of hoses and little police officers “drove” a patrol car in Ilford on Tuesday.
Redbridge Police and a fire crew visited children at the Tamba Day Nursery, in Mansfield Road, for an annual safety day.
Three and four-year-olds got to clamber in the front seat of a police car and see the officers sound the horn.
They also got in the fire engine, tried on helmets and used a real fire hose to squirt water with firefighters from Ilford Fire Station, in High Road.
But the fun had a serious message as they learnt how to call for help in emergencies and did exercises and activity packs.
You may also want to watch:
Nursery manager Emily Simmons said: “It was lovely for the children, they were very excited about the fire engine.”
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 3 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 4 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 7 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 10 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford