Millwall footballer Danny Shittu inspires schoolchildren on visit and teaches them about Nigeria
- Credit: Archant
Primary school students were inspired as Nigerian international footballer Daniel “Danny” Shittu took time out to talk to them about himself and his home country.
St Augustine’s Catholic Primary School in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, focuses on a different country each term to celebrate it’s language and culture.
This term the children are studying the African country and the school arranged for the Millwall footballer to visit.
He is the uncle of three of its students.
Delia Doyle, St Augustine’s head teacher, said she was happy the defender took the time to meet the pupuls.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The children were captivated by Danny who was extremely friendly and very interesting to listen to.”
She added: “One of the children came up to me at the end of the talk and said that Danny had inspired him more than anyone he had ever met. “He still wanted to be a footballer, but he was going to get as many qualifications as he could.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home