Millwall footballer Danny Shittu inspires schoolchildren on visit and teaches them about Nigeria
- Credit: Archant
Primary school students were inspired as Nigerian international footballer Daniel “Danny” Shittu took time out to talk to them about himself and his home country.
St Augustine’s Catholic Primary School in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, focuses on a different country each term to celebrate it’s language and culture.
This term the children are studying the African country and the school arranged for the Millwall footballer to visit.
He is the uncle of three of its students.
Delia Doyle, St Augustine’s head teacher, said she was happy the defender took the time to meet the pupuls.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The children were captivated by Danny who was extremely friendly and very interesting to listen to.”
She added: “One of the children came up to me at the end of the talk and said that Danny had inspired him more than anyone he had ever met. “He still wanted to be a footballer, but he was going to get as many qualifications as he could.”
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge