Millwall footballer Danny Shittu inspires schoolchildren on visit and teaches them about Nigeria
- Credit: Archant
Primary school students were inspired as Nigerian international footballer Daniel “Danny” Shittu took time out to talk to them about himself and his home country.
St Augustine’s Catholic Primary School in Cranbrook Road, Gants Hill, focuses on a different country each term to celebrate it’s language and culture.
This term the children are studying the African country and the school arranged for the Millwall footballer to visit.
He is the uncle of three of its students.
Delia Doyle, St Augustine’s head teacher, said she was happy the defender took the time to meet the pupuls.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “The children were captivated by Danny who was extremely friendly and very interesting to listen to.”
She added: “One of the children came up to me at the end of the talk and said that Danny had inspired him more than anyone he had ever met. “He still wanted to be a footballer, but he was going to get as many qualifications as he could.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council