Michel Roux Jnr cooking masterclass raised funds for Chigwell special needs riding school
More than 130 guests saw a cooking masterclass from two-star Michelin chef Michel Roux Jnr with a lucky few getting to enjoy the results.
The judge on BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals visited Chigwell School in High Road, Chigwell, on Wednesday and guided the audience through a three course dinner.
The evening raised �1,000 for the Chigwell Riding Trust and tables of six took it in turns to join the chef to taste the courses.
Deborah Hall, the Trust’s manager, said: “He entertained us superbly with such humour and charisma. “Needless to say, the canap�s were amazing and each of the courses he presented looked delicious.
“I certainly came away having learnt a great deal.
You may also want to watch:
“To have raised �1,000 is quite phenomenal.”
The Trust in Grange Farm, Chigwell, teaches people with special needs how to ride horses.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 3 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 4 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 7 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 8 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 9 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 10 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
The evening was organised by Chartwell’s, the school’s caterers and in-house catering manager Steve Jeffs.