Michel Roux Jnr cooking masterclass raised funds for Chigwell special needs riding school
More than 130 guests saw a cooking masterclass from two-star Michelin chef Michel Roux Jnr with a lucky few getting to enjoy the results.
The judge on BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals visited Chigwell School in High Road, Chigwell, on Wednesday and guided the audience through a three course dinner.
The evening raised �1,000 for the Chigwell Riding Trust and tables of six took it in turns to join the chef to taste the courses.
Deborah Hall, the Trust’s manager, said: “He entertained us superbly with such humour and charisma. “Needless to say, the canap�s were amazing and each of the courses he presented looked delicious.
“I certainly came away having learnt a great deal.
“To have raised �1,000 is quite phenomenal.”
The Trust in Grange Farm, Chigwell, teaches people with special needs how to ride horses.
- 1 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 2 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 9 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
The evening was organised by Chartwell’s, the school’s caterers and in-house catering manager Steve Jeffs.