Michel Roux Jnr cooking masterclass raised funds for Chigwell special needs riding school
More than 130 guests saw a cooking masterclass from two-star Michelin chef Michel Roux Jnr with a lucky few getting to enjoy the results.
The judge on BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals visited Chigwell School in High Road, Chigwell, on Wednesday and guided the audience through a three course dinner.
The evening raised �1,000 for the Chigwell Riding Trust and tables of six took it in turns to join the chef to taste the courses.
Deborah Hall, the Trust’s manager, said: “He entertained us superbly with such humour and charisma. “Needless to say, the canap�s were amazing and each of the courses he presented looked delicious.
“I certainly came away having learnt a great deal.
You may also want to watch:
“To have raised �1,000 is quite phenomenal.”
The Trust in Grange Farm, Chigwell, teaches people with special needs how to ride horses.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
The evening was organised by Chartwell’s, the school’s caterers and in-house catering manager Steve Jeffs.