Michel Roux Jnr cooking masterclass raised funds for Chigwell special needs riding school
More than 130 guests saw a cooking masterclass from two-star Michelin chef Michel Roux Jnr with a lucky few getting to enjoy the results.
The judge on BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals visited Chigwell School in High Road, Chigwell, on Wednesday and guided the audience through a three course dinner.
The evening raised �1,000 for the Chigwell Riding Trust and tables of six took it in turns to join the chef to taste the courses.
Deborah Hall, the Trust’s manager, said: “He entertained us superbly with such humour and charisma. “Needless to say, the canap�s were amazing and each of the courses he presented looked delicious.
“I certainly came away having learnt a great deal.
You may also want to watch:
“To have raised �1,000 is quite phenomenal.”
The Trust in Grange Farm, Chigwell, teaches people with special needs how to ride horses.
- 1 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 2 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 3 East London police officer charged with rape
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 10 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
The evening was organised by Chartwell’s, the school’s caterers and in-house catering manager Steve Jeffs.