Mad scientists take over John Bramston Primary School with wacky experiments
- Credit: Archant
Mad scientists have taken over a Hainault school this week, carrying out wacky experiments and working on secret inventions at home.
The fun at John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, is part of the school’s science week.
Alison Edgcombe, interim deputy headteacher, said: “Children dressed up as scientists, as did teachers, and carried out a range of exciting scientific activities and experiments.”
Some children visited the Forest Academy to use their science laboratory and younger pupils paid a visit to the Science Museum in Central London.
But not all of the activities were indoors - year five classes did a nature walk and investigation in Hainault Forest.
You may also want to watch:
Parents will be going to a science evening at the school tonight (Thurs) to visit pupils’ stalls with activities and experiments.
Children will exhibit the projects they have been working on at home in the school hall tomorrow (Fri).
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London