Mad scientists take over John Bramston Primary School with wacky experiments
- Credit: Archant
Mad scientists have taken over a Hainault school this week, carrying out wacky experiments and working on secret inventions at home.
The fun at John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, is part of the school’s science week.
Alison Edgcombe, interim deputy headteacher, said: “Children dressed up as scientists, as did teachers, and carried out a range of exciting scientific activities and experiments.”
Some children visited the Forest Academy to use their science laboratory and younger pupils paid a visit to the Science Museum in Central London.
But not all of the activities were indoors - year five classes did a nature walk and investigation in Hainault Forest.
Parents will be going to a science evening at the school tonight (Thurs) to visit pupils’ stalls with activities and experiments.
Children will exhibit the projects they have been working on at home in the school hall tomorrow (Fri).
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 10 Trust admits 'still more to do' despite diagnostic imaging improvements