League tables show Redbridge secondary schools performing above national average
SCHOOLS in Redbridge have come out comfortably above national average in this year’s league tables.
A hundredper cent of pupils at Ilford County High, in Fremantle Road, Barkingside, and 99 per cent at Woodford County High, High Road, Woodford, have achieved five A* to C grades at GCSE, putting them head and shoulders above other secondary schools in the borough.
Among the lowest achievers were Hainault Forest High School in Harbourer Road, Hainault, where only 40 per cent of pupils achieved the highest GCSE grades.
This year’s league tables show that just one in six pupils nationally have achieved the English Baccalaureate qualification introduced last year - a form of measuring the percentage of pupils in the school achieving A* to C. GCSE passes in English, maths, two science subjects, a language and history or geography.
In Trinity Catholic High School, Mornington Crescent, Woodford Green, just four per cent of pupils achieved the core subjects qualification.
You may also want to watch:
But overall, 69.3 per cent of pupils in the borough scored A* to C at GCSE - with the national average at just 53.4 per cent.
Only 18 primary schools in the borough participated in SATS exams last year, after teachers union NUT urged schools not to take part, stating the exams were no longer a fair way of measuring skills.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge