King Solomon School parent: “It has been a tough time for us”
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two who has a son at King Solomon High School has described Dr Paul Doherty as a “breath of fresh air”, but insists she was still sad to see former headteacher Jo Shuter leave.
Dr Doherty took over as acting head from Ms Shuter who was banned from teaching for life last week by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
Speaking this week, Abi Rapp, 39, of Chigwell, said: “Dr Doherty was outside the school this morning pulling children up for wearing too much make-up and being untidy. He is really getting involved.”
Mrs Rapp’s son has ADHD and she says Ms Shuter played an instrumental role in integrating her son back into mainstream schooling at the school in Forest Road, Barkingside.
She expressed her sadness at the news Ms Shuter was forced to leave her position.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very upset,” she said. “I am part of the group of parents who supported her.”
“It has been a tough time for us.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
What are you views? Please get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org