King Solomon School parent: “It has been a tough time for us”
- Credit: Archant
A mother-of-two who has a son at King Solomon High School has described Dr Paul Doherty as a “breath of fresh air”, but insists she was still sad to see former headteacher Jo Shuter leave.
Dr Doherty took over as acting head from Ms Shuter who was banned from teaching for life last week by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
Speaking this week, Abi Rapp, 39, of Chigwell, said: “Dr Doherty was outside the school this morning pulling children up for wearing too much make-up and being untidy. He is really getting involved.”
Mrs Rapp’s son has ADHD and she says Ms Shuter played an instrumental role in integrating her son back into mainstream schooling at the school in Forest Road, Barkingside.
She expressed her sadness at the news Ms Shuter was forced to leave her position.
You may also want to watch:
“I was very upset,” she said. “I am part of the group of parents who supported her.”
“It has been a tough time for us.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
What are you views? Please get in touch. Email firstname.lastname@example.org