Italian chef Giancarlo Caldesi shares his secrets with Redbridge College students
- Credit: Archant
A celebrity chef praised the passion of the students he worked alongside to deliver a sell-out lunch at Redbridge College.
Giancarlo Caldesi, who runs his own cookery school and has featured in a BBC documentary, spent the day at the college’s onsite training restaurant, Rouge, in Barley Lane, Little Heath, last week.
The restaurant was fully booked for the event and the chef made time to come to talk to the customers and even tease those who hadn’t eaten everything on their plate.
Ryan Easton, one of the lucky students on the professional cookery course to benefit from his expertise, said: “I was very excited to be cooking alongside him and he’s a very nice man.
“He gave me useful tips on how to do the ravioli in a different yet much better and simpler way.”
You may also want to watch:
The chef said: “I have to say it’s been absolutely magical, exhilarating and fantastic.
“The students have been really good, and I had a brilliant time in the kitchen.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
“They have got a real passion and are keen on learning new things and I think experience is important for them.”