‘It’s not very good but...’ – Ilford students turn authors to pen their own book
Budding authors at a creative writing club at a school in Ilford have had their work compiled and published.
Students at Loxford School of Science and Technology attend an after school workshop with children’s author Laura Dockrill.
English teacher Francis Steel said: “It’s brilliant for them to enjoy writing, Sometimes they think it’s a bit of a chore and challenge but then they realise why it can be enjoyable and express lots of their thoughts and ideas.
“The school is very supportive of writing and development and it helps with their confidence in their academic work.”
The book is called It’s not that good but… as this is what each student would say before reading out their work.
You may also want to watch:
It is available from the school in Loxford Lane for �7.
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford