‘It’s not very good but...’ – Ilford students turn authors to pen their own book
Budding authors at a creative writing club at a school in Ilford have had their work compiled and published.
Students at Loxford School of Science and Technology attend an after school workshop with children’s author Laura Dockrill.
English teacher Francis Steel said: “It’s brilliant for them to enjoy writing, Sometimes they think it’s a bit of a chore and challenge but then they realise why it can be enjoyable and express lots of their thoughts and ideas.
“The school is very supportive of writing and development and it helps with their confidence in their academic work.”
The book is called It’s not that good but… as this is what each student would say before reading out their work.
You may also want to watch:
It is available from the school in Loxford Lane for �7.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 8 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 9 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead