Irish singer representing Ilford at international competition
- Credit: Archant
A group of Irish musicians based in Ilford will be raised to the international stage next month when a singer competes in the Irish Music Championships.
Nancy Palumbo, 12, has reached the final of the competition and will perform in Derry, Northern Ireland, in August.
Fellow members of the Irish Music Club, which meets in Ilford, will be travelling with her to join workshops with folk musicians from around the world.
Nancy, who sings in English and Gaelic, is used to performing with the group at events around Redbridge.
Mum Fiona said: “She’s always loved singing, ever since she was little. She was always louder than everyone in the choir.
You may also want to watch:
“She’s got a lovely voice – it’s soft and wispy.”
The Irish Music Club welcomes anyone who plays folk instruments, including accordions, fiddles and flutes.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
• To join the group, visit them at a practice session on Wednesdays at 6.30pm at the Ilford Catholic Club, High Road, Ilford.