Ilford youngsters celebrate gymnastics achievement
- Credit: Archant
Ilford youngsters have been enjoying a series of free gymnastics classes held at Winston Way Primary School every Tuesday for the last 20 weeks.
Starting as beginners, the children have worked their way to achieving both grade seven and eight British gymnastics proficiency awards.
The programme, organised by Redbridge Carnival and funded by Capital FM’s Help a Capital Child initiative, will continue if further funding is available.
Gym instructor Stephanie Thomas, who led the classes, said: “Although many of these children had not learnt gymnastics
before, you simply could not tell. They adapted well and learnt the new skills with great ease.
“It was a privilege to work with this group of children who illustrated a strong
desire to learn and have fun.”
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 9 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “They proved that there is a wealth of talent
locally, they were all wholly committed and developed better co-ordination and healthier lifestyles, whilst on the course.”
“Our thanks also to Winston Way Primary School for the use of their facilities.”
If you would like your children to be involved in future classes contact Mr Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.