Ilford youngsters celebrate gymnastics achievement
- Credit: Archant
Ilford youngsters have been enjoying a series of free gymnastics classes held at Winston Way Primary School every Tuesday for the last 20 weeks.
Starting as beginners, the children have worked their way to achieving both grade seven and eight British gymnastics proficiency awards.
The programme, organised by Redbridge Carnival and funded by Capital FM’s Help a Capital Child initiative, will continue if further funding is available.
Gym instructor Stephanie Thomas, who led the classes, said: “Although many of these children had not learnt gymnastics
before, you simply could not tell. They adapted well and learnt the new skills with great ease.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a privilege to work with this group of children who illustrated a strong
desire to learn and have fun.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 5 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “They proved that there is a wealth of talent
locally, they were all wholly committed and developed better co-ordination and healthier lifestyles, whilst on the course.”
“Our thanks also to Winston Way Primary School for the use of their facilities.”
If you would like your children to be involved in future classes contact Mr Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.