Ilford youngsters celebrate gymnastics achievement
- Credit: Archant
Ilford youngsters have been enjoying a series of free gymnastics classes held at Winston Way Primary School every Tuesday for the last 20 weeks.
Starting as beginners, the children have worked their way to achieving both grade seven and eight British gymnastics proficiency awards.
The programme, organised by Redbridge Carnival and funded by Capital FM’s Help a Capital Child initiative, will continue if further funding is available.
Gym instructor Stephanie Thomas, who led the classes, said: “Although many of these children had not learnt gymnastics
before, you simply could not tell. They adapted well and learnt the new skills with great ease.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a privilege to work with this group of children who illustrated a strong
desire to learn and have fun.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 3 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “They proved that there is a wealth of talent
locally, they were all wholly committed and developed better co-ordination and healthier lifestyles, whilst on the course.”
“Our thanks also to Winston Way Primary School for the use of their facilities.”
If you would like your children to be involved in future classes contact Mr Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861, or email email@example.com.