Ilford youngsters celebrate gymnastics achievement
- Credit: Archant
Ilford youngsters have been enjoying a series of free gymnastics classes held at Winston Way Primary School every Tuesday for the last 20 weeks.
Starting as beginners, the children have worked their way to achieving both grade seven and eight British gymnastics proficiency awards.
The programme, organised by Redbridge Carnival and funded by Capital FM’s Help a Capital Child initiative, will continue if further funding is available.
Gym instructor Stephanie Thomas, who led the classes, said: “Although many of these children had not learnt gymnastics
before, you simply could not tell. They adapted well and learnt the new skills with great ease.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a privilege to work with this group of children who illustrated a strong
desire to learn and have fun.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 CCTV still issued of man sought in 'vicious and unprovoked' attack in broad daylight in Barkingside supermarket
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “They proved that there is a wealth of talent
locally, they were all wholly committed and developed better co-ordination and healthier lifestyles, whilst on the course.”
“Our thanks also to Winston Way Primary School for the use of their facilities.”
If you would like your children to be involved in future classes contact Mr Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.