Ilford youngsters celebrate gymnastics achievement
- Credit: Archant
Ilford youngsters have been enjoying a series of free gymnastics classes held at Winston Way Primary School every Tuesday for the last 20 weeks.
Starting as beginners, the children have worked their way to achieving both grade seven and eight British gymnastics proficiency awards.
The programme, organised by Redbridge Carnival and funded by Capital FM’s Help a Capital Child initiative, will continue if further funding is available.
Gym instructor Stephanie Thomas, who led the classes, said: “Although many of these children had not learnt gymnastics
before, you simply could not tell. They adapted well and learnt the new skills with great ease.
“It was a privilege to work with this group of children who illustrated a strong
desire to learn and have fun.”
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune
Organiser Wilson Chowdhry said: “They proved that there is a wealth of talent
locally, they were all wholly committed and developed better co-ordination and healthier lifestyles, whilst on the course.”
“Our thanks also to Winston Way Primary School for the use of their facilities.”
If you would like your children to be involved in future classes contact Mr Chowdhry on 020 8514 0861, or email email@example.com.