Ilford town centre says hello to Otto the otter and Teddy the fox
Ilford town centre got to know Otto the otter and Teddy the fox on Friday as they entertained shoppers with their street theatre.
The cuddly pair swapped the countryside for the town and brought with them a wooden cart laden with props and relics for magic and story-telling.
They were also happy to be quizzed on their fairytale knowledge and posed for photos with children enjoying their summer holidays.
It was the latest event to be held in the town centre by the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) during the Olympic Games.
Youngsters have benefited from water resistance slides while dancers took part in a Bollywood workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Norton, Ilford BID’s town centre co-ordinator, said: “We have had a fantastic response to all the entertainment that we’ve been running in the town centre.
“The big crowd that attended our celebrations for the opening ceremony gave us an indication that we would see high attendance throughout the festivities.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones