Ilford town centre says hello to Otto the otter and Teddy the fox
Ilford town centre got to know Otto the otter and Teddy the fox on Friday as they entertained shoppers with their street theatre.
The cuddly pair swapped the countryside for the town and brought with them a wooden cart laden with props and relics for magic and story-telling.
They were also happy to be quizzed on their fairytale knowledge and posed for photos with children enjoying their summer holidays.
It was the latest event to be held in the town centre by the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) during the Olympic Games.
Youngsters have benefited from water resistance slides while dancers took part in a Bollywood workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Norton, Ilford BID’s town centre co-ordinator, said: “We have had a fantastic response to all the entertainment that we’ve been running in the town centre.
“The big crowd that attended our celebrations for the opening ceremony gave us an indication that we would see high attendance throughout the festivities.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 9 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 10 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines