Ilford town centre says hello to Otto the otter and Teddy the fox
Ilford town centre got to know Otto the otter and Teddy the fox on Friday as they entertained shoppers with their street theatre.
The cuddly pair swapped the countryside for the town and brought with them a wooden cart laden with props and relics for magic and story-telling.
They were also happy to be quizzed on their fairytale knowledge and posed for photos with children enjoying their summer holidays.
It was the latest event to be held in the town centre by the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) during the Olympic Games.
Youngsters have benefited from water resistance slides while dancers took part in a Bollywood workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Norton, Ilford BID’s town centre co-ordinator, said: “We have had a fantastic response to all the entertainment that we’ve been running in the town centre.
“The big crowd that attended our celebrations for the opening ceremony gave us an indication that we would see high attendance throughout the festivities.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 7 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims