Ilford students reach European final of business competition
A group of Ilford students are going to Slovakia to represent England in a Europe-wide business competition.
The year 12 pupils from Valentines High School created a company called ‘Composters’ for the European Business Game.
They won the Dragon’s Den-style national heat in May with their business plan, which allows schools and companies to compost paper rather than recycle it.
Team member Aminur Rahman, 17, said it is a more environmentally-friendly and economical solution.
He added: “We are all very confident, I don’t think anyone else will have come up with anything like this.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t know what we’ll be coming up against in the finals but we don’t feel there’s much chance of losing.”
Aminur will be joined by team mates Serham Aksu, Tasbiyah Iqbal, Ashvin Nankoo and Faheema Sheikh on the trip to Cadca on June 25.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
They will get an insight into the business world, meet young entrepreneurs from across Europe and learn how companies work.