Ilford students reach European final of business competition
A group of Ilford students are going to Slovakia to represent England in a Europe-wide business competition.
The year 12 pupils from Valentines High School created a company called ‘Composters’ for the European Business Game.
They won the Dragon’s Den-style national heat in May with their business plan, which allows schools and companies to compost paper rather than recycle it.
Team member Aminur Rahman, 17, said it is a more environmentally-friendly and economical solution.
He added: “We are all very confident, I don’t think anyone else will have come up with anything like this.
“We don’t know what we’ll be coming up against in the finals but we don’t feel there’s much chance of losing.”
Aminur will be joined by team mates Serham Aksu, Tasbiyah Iqbal, Ashvin Nankoo and Faheema Sheikh on the trip to Cadca on June 25.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 3 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 4 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 5 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 6 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 7 Found: Missing girl who was believed to have travelled to east London
- 8 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 9 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 10 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
They will get an insight into the business world, meet young entrepreneurs from across Europe and learn how companies work.