Ilford students reach European final of business competition
A group of Ilford students are going to Slovakia to represent England in a Europe-wide business competition.
The year 12 pupils from Valentines High School created a company called ‘Composters’ for the European Business Game.
They won the Dragon’s Den-style national heat in May with their business plan, which allows schools and companies to compost paper rather than recycle it.
Team member Aminur Rahman, 17, said it is a more environmentally-friendly and economical solution.
He added: “We are all very confident, I don’t think anyone else will have come up with anything like this.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t know what we’ll be coming up against in the finals but we don’t feel there’s much chance of losing.”
Aminur will be joined by team mates Serham Aksu, Tasbiyah Iqbal, Ashvin Nankoo and Faheema Sheikh on the trip to Cadca on June 25.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Five veggie-friendly restaurants in Redbridge, courtesy of TripAdvisor
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
They will get an insight into the business world, meet young entrepreneurs from across Europe and learn how companies work.