Ilford students reach European final of business competition
A group of Ilford students are going to Slovakia to represent England in a Europe-wide business competition.
The year 12 pupils from Valentines High School created a company called ‘Composters’ for the European Business Game.
They won the Dragon’s Den-style national heat in May with their business plan, which allows schools and companies to compost paper rather than recycle it.
Team member Aminur Rahman, 17, said it is a more environmentally-friendly and economical solution.
He added: “We are all very confident, I don’t think anyone else will have come up with anything like this.
You may also want to watch:
“We don’t know what we’ll be coming up against in the finals but we don’t feel there’s much chance of losing.”
Aminur will be joined by team mates Serham Aksu, Tasbiyah Iqbal, Ashvin Nankoo and Faheema Sheikh on the trip to Cadca on June 25.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
They will get an insight into the business world, meet young entrepreneurs from across Europe and learn how companies work.