Ilford scouts enjoy hiking fun in Claybury Woods and Park
- Credit: Cliff Everitt
Around sixty scouts from around the borough ventured into the Claybury Woods and Park, to enjoy a hike, fishing and games.
With plenty of fun scheduled, the group completed en route challenges such as retrieving “gold” from a pond, witnessing a crime and what to do if a fire is found, not to mention a Euro 2016 penalty shoot out.
Scouts had 90 minutes to complete the challenge spread over two miles and six bases at the park in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green.
The event, held two weeks ago, was won by the 1st Hainault scout troop.
Annette Bailey, who runs the group at Davids Way, Ilford, said: “It is great to see kids doing so many different activities.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the scouts visit scouts.org.uk
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 7 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation