Ilford scouts enjoy hiking fun in Claybury Woods and Park
- Credit: Cliff Everitt
Around sixty scouts from around the borough ventured into the Claybury Woods and Park, to enjoy a hike, fishing and games.
With plenty of fun scheduled, the group completed en route challenges such as retrieving “gold” from a pond, witnessing a crime and what to do if a fire is found, not to mention a Euro 2016 penalty shoot out.
Scouts had 90 minutes to complete the challenge spread over two miles and six bases at the park in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green.
The event, held two weeks ago, was won by the 1st Hainault scout troop.
Annette Bailey, who runs the group at Davids Way, Ilford, said: “It is great to see kids doing so many different activities.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the scouts visit scouts.org.uk
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap