Ilford scouts enjoy hiking fun in Claybury Woods and Park
- Credit: Cliff Everitt
Around sixty scouts from around the borough ventured into the Claybury Woods and Park, to enjoy a hike, fishing and games.
With plenty of fun scheduled, the group completed en route challenges such as retrieving “gold” from a pond, witnessing a crime and what to do if a fire is found, not to mention a Euro 2016 penalty shoot out.
Scouts had 90 minutes to complete the challenge spread over two miles and six bases at the park in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green.
The event, held two weeks ago, was won by the 1st Hainault scout troop.
Annette Bailey, who runs the group at Davids Way, Ilford, said: “It is great to see kids doing so many different activities.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the scouts visit scouts.org.uk
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence