Ilford scouts enjoy hiking fun in Claybury Woods and Park
- Credit: Cliff Everitt
Around sixty scouts from around the borough ventured into the Claybury Woods and Park, to enjoy a hike, fishing and games.
With plenty of fun scheduled, the group completed en route challenges such as retrieving “gold” from a pond, witnessing a crime and what to do if a fire is found, not to mention a Euro 2016 penalty shoot out.
Scouts had 90 minutes to complete the challenge spread over two miles and six bases at the park in Roding Lane North, Woodford Green.
The event, held two weeks ago, was won by the 1st Hainault scout troop.
Annette Bailey, who runs the group at Davids Way, Ilford, said: “It is great to see kids doing so many different activities.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the scouts visit scouts.org.uk
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 6 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 7 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 8 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic