Ilford pupil makes ‘amazing’ Titanic model
A young boy has impressed his class mates after making a detailed model of a famous ill-fated cruise liner.
Year 4 pupil Nawfal Patel received a special certificate after making an impressive Titanic model during his Easter holidays.
Pupils at Cranbrook Prep School, Mansfield Road, Ilford were asked to make the models to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship.
Teacher Rebecca Downes said: “We set some of the children a challenge of making a model, while others chose to do a poster or presentation. Nawfal’s was particularly impressive.
“It was huge model, taller than some of the pupils. When it was presented to the school in a special assembly the children literally went ‘wow’.
You may also want to watch:
“He received 25 stars for the model, which was a huge achievement. He would also love an opportunity to visit the replica that is currently being made.”
Deputy headteacher Ben Mearhart added: “Everyone enjoyed Nawfal’s amazing Titanic ship replica. It really was outstanding and rightly earned him his WOWEEK! Certificate.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford