Ilford pupil makes ‘amazing’ Titanic model
A young boy has impressed his class mates after making a detailed model of a famous ill-fated cruise liner.
Year 4 pupil Nawfal Patel received a special certificate after making an impressive Titanic model during his Easter holidays.
Pupils at Cranbrook Prep School, Mansfield Road, Ilford were asked to make the models to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship.
Teacher Rebecca Downes said: “We set some of the children a challenge of making a model, while others chose to do a poster or presentation. Nawfal’s was particularly impressive.
“It was huge model, taller than some of the pupils. When it was presented to the school in a special assembly the children literally went ‘wow’.
You may also want to watch:
“He received 25 stars for the model, which was a huge achievement. He would also love an opportunity to visit the replica that is currently being made.”
Deputy headteacher Ben Mearhart added: “Everyone enjoyed Nawfal’s amazing Titanic ship replica. It really was outstanding and rightly earned him his WOWEEK! Certificate.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath