Ilford pupil makes ‘amazing’ Titanic model
A young boy has impressed his class mates after making a detailed model of a famous ill-fated cruise liner.
Year 4 pupil Nawfal Patel received a special certificate after making an impressive Titanic model during his Easter holidays.
Pupils at Cranbrook Prep School, Mansfield Road, Ilford were asked to make the models to coincide with the 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the famous ship.
Teacher Rebecca Downes said: “We set some of the children a challenge of making a model, while others chose to do a poster or presentation. Nawfal’s was particularly impressive.
“It was huge model, taller than some of the pupils. When it was presented to the school in a special assembly the children literally went ‘wow’.
You may also want to watch:
“He received 25 stars for the model, which was a huge achievement. He would also love an opportunity to visit the replica that is currently being made.”
Deputy headteacher Ben Mearhart added: “Everyone enjoyed Nawfal’s amazing Titanic ship replica. It really was outstanding and rightly earned him his WOWEEK! Certificate.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms