Ilford pre-school has ‘brilliant’ opening with visit from the Mayor
Two friends have set up their own pre-school in Ilford after working in the child care sector for a number of years.
Noreen Hashmi and Shazia Taraq, of Ilford, celebrated the opening of Kids @ Play, Ilford Lane, on Saturday, which was attended by the mayor, Cllr Muhammed Javed.
The pre-school, which can cater for 80 children per day, has received a great deal of interest and already has 30 youngsters registered to attend.
The friends, who have nine years of experience between them, have been looking for a suitable premises for more than two years.
Mrs Hashmi, said: “The opening at the weekend was brilliant and we had lots of activities for kids including face painting, a bouncy castle and cake decorating.
You may also want to watch:
“The feedback from prospective parents has gone beyond our expectations.”
For more information and to register your interest please call 07553 289241 or 07886 265268. Free places are currently available for three and four year olds.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding