Ilford pre-school has ‘brilliant’ opening with visit from the Mayor
Two friends have set up their own pre-school in Ilford after working in the child care sector for a number of years.
Noreen Hashmi and Shazia Taraq, of Ilford, celebrated the opening of Kids @ Play, Ilford Lane, on Saturday, which was attended by the mayor, Cllr Muhammed Javed.
The pre-school, which can cater for 80 children per day, has received a great deal of interest and already has 30 youngsters registered to attend.
The friends, who have nine years of experience between them, have been looking for a suitable premises for more than two years.
Mrs Hashmi, said: “The opening at the weekend was brilliant and we had lots of activities for kids including face painting, a bouncy castle and cake decorating.
You may also want to watch:
“The feedback from prospective parents has gone beyond our expectations.”
For more information and to register your interest please call 07553 289241 or 07886 265268. Free places are currently available for three and four year olds.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 5 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death