Ilford chemist urges smoker to stub out their habit
- Credit: Archant
An award winning Ilford pharmacy is encouraging people to visit and get a free health MOT and quit smoking consultation today on No Smoking Day.
P&S Chemist, in Ilford Lane, is giving customers free blood pressure, blood sugar, heart risk and carbon monoxide tests as part of their Last Drag campaign.
Owner Shaheen Bhatia said: “We know giving up smoking is a real challenge, which is why we are here to help.
“Smoking is one of the biggest preventable causes of death and statistics predict that about half of regular cigarette smokers will eventually be killed by their addiction if they don’t seek help.”
The chemist is also offering practical advice on handling cravings, and work out which stop smoking solutions will be best for you.
You may also want to watch:
Shaheen added: “We want to help the residents of Ilford to stay smoke free for good.”
Pop along if you want to get your free check up.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford