Hainault schoolchildren will represent Redbridge in London Youth Games
Children from a Hainault school will represent Redbridge in the London Youth Games after winning a gymnastics competition.
Young gymnasts from Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, came first in the Key Steps Gym Competition on Wednesday.
The team of eight competed in the floor, body management and vault disciplines at Oaks Park School in Newbury Park.
Teacher Kim Collins said: “I’m so proud and the children are very excited about going to Crystal Palace.
“They keep asking how far they are going to get but we will just have to do our best.”
You may also want to watch:
The gymnasts are Isabel Barry, nine, Sapphire Walters, Hannah O’ Sullivan, Mollie Chillmaid, Daisy Cubitt, Tia Bagga, Callum Glanville and Chidozie Eke, all eight.
They will compete against other boroughs in the London Youth Games on Thursday at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses