Hainault schoolchildren will represent Redbridge in London Youth Games
Children from a Hainault school will represent Redbridge in the London Youth Games after winning a gymnastics competition.
Young gymnasts from Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, came first in the Key Steps Gym Competition on Wednesday.
The team of eight competed in the floor, body management and vault disciplines at Oaks Park School in Newbury Park.
Teacher Kim Collins said: “I’m so proud and the children are very excited about going to Crystal Palace.
“They keep asking how far they are going to get but we will just have to do our best.”
You may also want to watch:
The gymnasts are Isabel Barry, nine, Sapphire Walters, Hannah O’ Sullivan, Mollie Chillmaid, Daisy Cubitt, Tia Bagga, Callum Glanville and Chidozie Eke, all eight.
They will compete against other boroughs in the London Youth Games on Thursday at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays