Hainault schoolchildren will represent Redbridge in London Youth Games
Children from a Hainault school will represent Redbridge in the London Youth Games after winning a gymnastics competition.
Young gymnasts from Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, came first in the Key Steps Gym Competition on Wednesday.
The team of eight competed in the floor, body management and vault disciplines at Oaks Park School in Newbury Park.
Teacher Kim Collins said: “I’m so proud and the children are very excited about going to Crystal Palace.
“They keep asking how far they are going to get but we will just have to do our best.”
The gymnasts are Isabel Barry, nine, Sapphire Walters, Hannah O’ Sullivan, Mollie Chillmaid, Daisy Cubitt, Tia Bagga, Callum Glanville and Chidozie Eke, all eight.
They will compete against other boroughs in the London Youth Games on Thursday at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 4 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Percentage of unvaccinated hospital staff revealed as mandatory jab deadline looms
- 9 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune