Hainault schoolchildren will represent Redbridge in London Youth Games
Children from a Hainault school will represent Redbridge in the London Youth Games after winning a gymnastics competition.
Young gymnasts from Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, came first in the Key Steps Gym Competition on Wednesday.
The team of eight competed in the floor, body management and vault disciplines at Oaks Park School in Newbury Park.
Teacher Kim Collins said: “I’m so proud and the children are very excited about going to Crystal Palace.
“They keep asking how far they are going to get but we will just have to do our best.”
You may also want to watch:
The gymnasts are Isabel Barry, nine, Sapphire Walters, Hannah O’ Sullivan, Mollie Chillmaid, Daisy Cubitt, Tia Bagga, Callum Glanville and Chidozie Eke, all eight.
They will compete against other boroughs in the London Youth Games on Thursday at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses