Hainault schoolchildren will represent Redbridge in London Youth Games
Children from a Hainault school will represent Redbridge in the London Youth Games after winning a gymnastics competition.
Young gymnasts from Fairlop Primary School, Colvin Gardens, came first in the Key Steps Gym Competition on Wednesday.
The team of eight competed in the floor, body management and vault disciplines at Oaks Park School in Newbury Park.
Teacher Kim Collins said: “I’m so proud and the children are very excited about going to Crystal Palace.
“They keep asking how far they are going to get but we will just have to do our best.”
You may also want to watch:
The gymnasts are Isabel Barry, nine, Sapphire Walters, Hannah O’ Sullivan, Mollie Chillmaid, Daisy Cubitt, Tia Bagga, Callum Glanville and Chidozie Eke, all eight.
They will compete against other boroughs in the London Youth Games on Thursday at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 3 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 10 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy