Hainault gymnasts win gold and bronze medals in London Youth Games
Two talented primary pupils, who represented their school in a London-wide youth games competition, have been awarded with gold and bronze medals.
Molly Chillmaid and Sapphire Walters were among 20 pupils from Fairlop Primary, Colvin Gardens, Hainault, who competed in the final of the BT London Youth Games representing both their school and Redbridge in various sports.
Children aged between seven and 11 took part in gymnastics, basketball, quad athletics and swimming.
The Fairlop pair walked away with a gold for body movement and bronze medal for vault.
Headteacher Gail Brannan said: “All the children competed brilliantly. We want to encourage our students to try different sports because it is really good for them and improves their confidence and promotes team work.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all very excited to reach the final and it was a huge honour.”
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas