Hainault gymnasts win gold and bronze medals in London Youth Games
Two talented primary pupils, who represented their school in a London-wide youth games competition, have been awarded with gold and bronze medals.
Molly Chillmaid and Sapphire Walters were among 20 pupils from Fairlop Primary, Colvin Gardens, Hainault, who competed in the final of the BT London Youth Games representing both their school and Redbridge in various sports.
Children aged between seven and 11 took part in gymnastics, basketball, quad athletics and swimming.
The Fairlop pair walked away with a gold for body movement and bronze medal for vault.
Headteacher Gail Brannan said: “All the children competed brilliantly. We want to encourage our students to try different sports because it is really good for them and improves their confidence and promotes team work.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all very excited to reach the final and it was a huge honour.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford