Hainault gymnasts win gold and bronze medals in London Youth Games
Two talented primary pupils, who represented their school in a London-wide youth games competition, have been awarded with gold and bronze medals.
Molly Chillmaid and Sapphire Walters were among 20 pupils from Fairlop Primary, Colvin Gardens, Hainault, who competed in the final of the BT London Youth Games representing both their school and Redbridge in various sports.
Children aged between seven and 11 took part in gymnastics, basketball, quad athletics and swimming.
The Fairlop pair walked away with a gold for body movement and bronze medal for vault.
Headteacher Gail Brannan said: “All the children competed brilliantly. We want to encourage our students to try different sports because it is really good for them and improves their confidence and promotes team work.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all very excited to reach the final and it was a huge honour.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn