Great British Bake Off inspires award-winning design by Ilford schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford schoolgirl has won a prize for her design in a London-wide art competition.
Donika Mazrreku, 11, from Park School for Girls, in Park Avenue, was given the Redbridge award for the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square, central London. Donika, a Year 7 pupil, designed a hand turned clay cupcake, inspired by the Great British Bake Off.
She was invited to an award ceremony at City Hall with her parents and art teacher Chantal Bellow.
While her design will not be used on the plinth, her cupcake now adorns City Hall’s walls.
Park School headteacher Elizabeth Gallagher said: “We felt that Donika’s entry really summed up being British at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We think it would look great on the plinth.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence