Great British Bake Off inspires award-winning design by Ilford schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford schoolgirl has won a prize for her design in a London-wide art competition.
Donika Mazrreku, 11, from Park School for Girls, in Park Avenue, was given the Redbridge award for the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square, central London. Donika, a Year 7 pupil, designed a hand turned clay cupcake, inspired by the Great British Bake Off.
She was invited to an award ceremony at City Hall with her parents and art teacher Chantal Bellow.
While her design will not be used on the plinth, her cupcake now adorns City Hall’s walls.
Park School headteacher Elizabeth Gallagher said: “We felt that Donika’s entry really summed up being British at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We think it would look great on the plinth.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions