Great British Bake Off inspires award-winning design by Ilford schoolgirl
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford schoolgirl has won a prize for her design in a London-wide art competition.
Donika Mazrreku, 11, from Park School for Girls, in Park Avenue, was given the Redbridge award for the Fourth Plinth in Trafalgar Square, central London. Donika, a Year 7 pupil, designed a hand turned clay cupcake, inspired by the Great British Bake Off.
She was invited to an award ceremony at City Hall with her parents and art teacher Chantal Bellow.
While her design will not be used on the plinth, her cupcake now adorns City Hall’s walls.
Park School headteacher Elizabeth Gallagher said: “We felt that Donika’s entry really summed up being British at the moment.
You may also want to watch:
“We think it would look great on the plinth.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 9 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
- 10 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle