Goodmayes school wins competition for art workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils were treated to a workshop at their school from an illustrator and cartoonist after one of their classmates won a competition.
Laura Howell was invited to Eastcourt Independent School in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, after year 5 student, Sierra Karbo, won a competition with the art supplies company Staedtler.
Mike Dell, a teacher and the coordinator of any competitions at the school, said: “It was a really brilliant day, it went really well.
“Everyone had a lot of fun drawing characters and caricatures and developing their skills.”
The pupils were asked to draw portraits of one another in partners with instruction from the artist who gave a presentation and then assisted the workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dell said: “The artist, Laura, was very good.
“We were so pleased that Laura came to our school.
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 4 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 5 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 6 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 10 From City Hall: Increase of council tax a slap in the face for every struggling Londoner
“Eastcourt have won a Staedtler competition twice now which they have said is very unusual as they get tens of thousands of entries.”