Goodmayes school wins competition for art workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils were treated to a workshop at their school from an illustrator and cartoonist after one of their classmates won a competition.
Laura Howell was invited to Eastcourt Independent School in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, after year 5 student, Sierra Karbo, won a competition with the art supplies company Staedtler.
Mike Dell, a teacher and the coordinator of any competitions at the school, said: “It was a really brilliant day, it went really well.
“Everyone had a lot of fun drawing characters and caricatures and developing their skills.”
The pupils were asked to draw portraits of one another in partners with instruction from the artist who gave a presentation and then assisted the workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dell said: “The artist, Laura, was very good.
“We were so pleased that Laura came to our school.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
“Eastcourt have won a Staedtler competition twice now which they have said is very unusual as they get tens of thousands of entries.”