Goodmayes school wins competition for art workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils were treated to a workshop at their school from an illustrator and cartoonist after one of their classmates won a competition.
Laura Howell was invited to Eastcourt Independent School in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, after year 5 student, Sierra Karbo, won a competition with the art supplies company Staedtler.
Mike Dell, a teacher and the coordinator of any competitions at the school, said: “It was a really brilliant day, it went really well.
“Everyone had a lot of fun drawing characters and caricatures and developing their skills.”
The pupils were asked to draw portraits of one another in partners with instruction from the artist who gave a presentation and then assisted the workshop.
Mr Dell said: “The artist, Laura, was very good.
“We were so pleased that Laura came to our school.
- 1 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 2 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 3 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 8 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
- 9 Dispersal order enforced in parts of Gants Hill, Clayhall and Barkingside
- 10 40 firefighters tackle blaze after boiler catches on fire
“Eastcourt have won a Staedtler competition twice now which they have said is very unusual as they get tens of thousands of entries.”