Goodmayes school wins competition for art workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils were treated to a workshop at their school from an illustrator and cartoonist after one of their classmates won a competition.
Laura Howell was invited to Eastcourt Independent School in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, after year 5 student, Sierra Karbo, won a competition with the art supplies company Staedtler.
Mike Dell, a teacher and the coordinator of any competitions at the school, said: “It was a really brilliant day, it went really well.
“Everyone had a lot of fun drawing characters and caricatures and developing their skills.”
The pupils were asked to draw portraits of one another in partners with instruction from the artist who gave a presentation and then assisted the workshop.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dell said: “The artist, Laura, was very good.
“We were so pleased that Laura came to our school.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
“Eastcourt have won a Staedtler competition twice now which they have said is very unusual as they get tens of thousands of entries.”