Goodmayes school wins competition for art workshop
- Credit: Archant
Pupils were treated to a workshop at their school from an illustrator and cartoonist after one of their classmates won a competition.
Laura Howell was invited to Eastcourt Independent School in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes, after year 5 student, Sierra Karbo, won a competition with the art supplies company Staedtler.
Mike Dell, a teacher and the coordinator of any competitions at the school, said: “It was a really brilliant day, it went really well.
“Everyone had a lot of fun drawing characters and caricatures and developing their skills.”
The pupils were asked to draw portraits of one another in partners with instruction from the artist who gave a presentation and then assisted the workshop.
Mr Dell said: “The artist, Laura, was very good.
“We were so pleased that Laura came to our school.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 5 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 6 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 7 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 8 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 9 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
“Eastcourt have won a Staedtler competition twice now which they have said is very unusual as they get tens of thousands of entries.”