Gants Hill 17-year-old enjoys boat trip to Arsenal match while learning about landmarks with other fans
- Credit: Archant
A young Ilford football fan got to enjoy a boat trip through London while learning about its famous landmarks on his way to a match.
David Saunders, 17, of Middleton Gardens, Gants Hill, travelled with 40 other members of Premiership club Arsenal’s young supporters’ club, the Junior Gunners.
They had all won a competition on the team’s website.
Their trip took them from Greenwich to Putney while Arsenal historian Samir Singh taught them about the landmarks along the river.
David said: “The day was very nice. It was a lovely day out, getting to learn about London with other fans.”
He added that he’d been on a couple of boat trips before “but nothing like this”.
After mooring at Putney Pier, the fans watched the club’s 1-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts