Gants Hill 17-year-old enjoys boat trip to Arsenal match while learning about landmarks with other fans
- Credit: Archant
A young Ilford football fan got to enjoy a boat trip through London while learning about its famous landmarks on his way to a match.
David Saunders, 17, of Middleton Gardens, Gants Hill, travelled with 40 other members of Premiership club Arsenal’s young supporters’ club, the Junior Gunners.
They had all won a competition on the team’s website.
Their trip took them from Greenwich to Putney while Arsenal historian Samir Singh taught them about the landmarks along the river.
David said: “The day was very nice. It was a lovely day out, getting to learn about London with other fans.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that he’d been on a couple of boat trips before “but nothing like this”.
After mooring at Putney Pier, the fans watched the club’s 1-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 6 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City