Gants Hill 17-year-old enjoys boat trip to Arsenal match while learning about landmarks with other fans
- Credit: Archant
A young Ilford football fan got to enjoy a boat trip through London while learning about its famous landmarks on his way to a match.
David Saunders, 17, of Middleton Gardens, Gants Hill, travelled with 40 other members of Premiership club Arsenal’s young supporters’ club, the Junior Gunners.
They had all won a competition on the team’s website.
Their trip took them from Greenwich to Putney while Arsenal historian Samir Singh taught them about the landmarks along the river.
David said: “The day was very nice. It was a lovely day out, getting to learn about London with other fans.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that he’d been on a couple of boat trips before “but nothing like this”.
After mooring at Putney Pier, the fans watched the club’s 1-0 victory over Fulham on Saturday.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say