Gallery: Spanish culture celebrated at Ilford school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters put on their dancing shoes for a day of cultural fun.
Children at Woodlands Primary School, in Loxford Lane, Ilford, enjoyed the return of their Spanish day event, which saw them take on workshops and tuck into themed food.
The day began with a special assembly, before the flamenco sessions kicked off.
The pupils, dressed in Spanish colours, watched performances by flamenco dancers and guitarist Anita la Maltesa y Ramon, as well as Araceli Garcia.
They then had a go themselves and performed what they had learned in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights included Spanish lessons by GCSE and A-Level students from Loxford School and the study of Spanish-speaking countries, with each class looking at one each.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge