Gallery: Spanish culture celebrated at Ilford school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters put on their dancing shoes for a day of cultural fun.
Children at Woodlands Primary School, in Loxford Lane, Ilford, enjoyed the return of their Spanish day event, which saw them take on workshops and tuck into themed food.
The day began with a special assembly, before the flamenco sessions kicked off.
The pupils, dressed in Spanish colours, watched performances by flamenco dancers and guitarist Anita la Maltesa y Ramon, as well as Araceli Garcia.
They then had a go themselves and performed what they had learned in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Other highlights included Spanish lessons by GCSE and A-Level students from Loxford School and the study of Spanish-speaking countries, with each class looking at one each.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home