Gallery: Redbridge schools celebrate World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Children dressed up in their favourite characters, and wore pyjamas for a bed time story.
Eastcourt Independent School, in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes held a large assembly to celebrate World Book Day.
Pupils dressed as their favourite characters and had stories read to them.
The event was designed to encourage a love of reading.
The children of John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, Hainault, returned to school at 5pm with their parents, for a bed time story.
They dressed in their pyjamas, brought their pillows, and were served hot chocolate and toast.
Teachers narrated their favourite bed time stories and the pupils listened on transfixed.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 3 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 5 Google rates the top vegan and vegetarian restaurants in your borough
- 6 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 7 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 8 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 9 Things to do in east London this weekend
- 10 BBC documentary based on BHRUT nurses scoops award
Parents and children from across the borough tweeted their outfits for the day.