Gallery: Redbridge schools celebrate World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Children dressed up in their favourite characters, and wore pyjamas for a bed time story.
Eastcourt Independent School, in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes held a large assembly to celebrate World Book Day.
Pupils dressed as their favourite characters and had stories read to them.
The event was designed to encourage a love of reading.
The children of John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, Hainault, returned to school at 5pm with their parents, for a bed time story.
You may also want to watch:
They dressed in their pyjamas, brought their pillows, and were served hot chocolate and toast.
Teachers narrated their favourite bed time stories and the pupils listened on transfixed.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 7 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 8 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
Parents and children from across the borough tweeted their outfits for the day.