Gallery: Redbridge schools celebrate World Book Day
- Credit: Archant
Children dressed up in their favourite characters, and wore pyjamas for a bed time story.
Eastcourt Independent School, in Eastwood Road, Goodmayes held a large assembly to celebrate World Book Day.
Pupils dressed as their favourite characters and had stories read to them.
The event was designed to encourage a love of reading.
The children of John Bramston Primary School, in Newcastle Avenue, Hainault, returned to school at 5pm with their parents, for a bed time story.
You may also want to watch:
They dressed in their pyjamas, brought their pillows, and were served hot chocolate and toast.
Teachers narrated their favourite bed time stories and the pupils listened on transfixed.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 7 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
Parents and children from across the borough tweeted their outfits for the day.