Former pupil sponsors new building for school in Snaresbrook
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new building at a school in Snaresbrook have been revealed, featuring exhibition areas, classrooms and recreational facilities.
The new building at Forest School, College Place is expected to be completed for the next academic year.
The building is being sponsored by former pupil Anthony Martin and will be renamed the Martin Building in his honour.
Sarah Kerr-Dineen, school warden, said: “We look forward to the Martin Building which will provide our pupils with the most up-to-date learning facilities, particularly in the area of IT. Our thanks go to Anthony Martin for his amazing generosity”.
The site was previously home to The Manor building which was demolished this month.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Kerr-Dineen said: “The Manor gave great service to the school since its construction in the late 1940s and will be fondly remembered by pupils and staff, both past and present”.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour