Former pupil sponsors new building for school in Snaresbrook
- Credit: Archant
Plans for a new building at a school in Snaresbrook have been revealed, featuring exhibition areas, classrooms and recreational facilities.
The new building at Forest School, College Place is expected to be completed for the next academic year.
The building is being sponsored by former pupil Anthony Martin and will be renamed the Martin Building in his honour.
Sarah Kerr-Dineen, school warden, said: “We look forward to the Martin Building which will provide our pupils with the most up-to-date learning facilities, particularly in the area of IT. Our thanks go to Anthony Martin for his amazing generosity”.
The site was previously home to The Manor building which was demolished this month.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Kerr-Dineen said: “The Manor gave great service to the school since its construction in the late 1940s and will be fondly remembered by pupils and staff, both past and present”.
- 1 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 2 Former Redbridge Council staffer charged with child sexual exploitation crimes in Australia
- 3 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 5 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 6 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 7 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 8 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 10 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside