Former Ilford schoolboy searching for classmates from 1953 after photo find
A former Ilford schoolboy is on the hunt for past classmates after unearthing this picture from 1953.
Ian Pal�t, a retired geography teacher, now lives in Chichester but grew up in Ilford Lane.
He said the photo was taken at Cleveland Infant School on a fancy dress day for the Queen’s coronation.
The pupils had dressed up as Commonwealth countries for the day and class seven were Canada.
Mr Pal�t is the fourth from the right in the bottom row.
You may also want to watch:
said: “It was cowboys or Indians and some arrived with the full regalia and some didn’t.
“We went out into the playground and lined up on benches and chairs and they took the photo, that’s all I can remember.”
- 1 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 2 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Gants Hill care worker's daughter wins Bafta
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
Mr Pal�t wants anyone who is in the picture, or can identify any of the children, to get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.