Former Ilford schoolboy searching for classmates from 1953 after photo find
A former Ilford schoolboy is on the hunt for past classmates after unearthing this picture from 1953.
Ian Pal�t, a retired geography teacher, now lives in Chichester but grew up in Ilford Lane.
He said the photo was taken at Cleveland Infant School on a fancy dress day for the Queen’s coronation.
The pupils had dressed up as Commonwealth countries for the day and class seven were Canada.
Mr Pal�t is the fourth from the right in the bottom row.
said: “It was cowboys or Indians and some arrived with the full regalia and some didn’t.
“We went out into the playground and lined up on benches and chairs and they took the photo, that’s all I can remember.”
- 1 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 2 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 6 Young Citizen: Teen nominated after revealing Covid fight to inspire jabs
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 9 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
- 10 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
Mr Pal�t wants anyone who is in the picture, or can identify any of the children, to get in contact by emailing email@example.com.