Former Ilford schoolboy searching for classmates from 1953 after photo find
A former Ilford schoolboy is on the hunt for past classmates after unearthing this picture from 1953.
Ian Pal�t, a retired geography teacher, now lives in Chichester but grew up in Ilford Lane.
He said the photo was taken at Cleveland Infant School on a fancy dress day for the Queen’s coronation.
The pupils had dressed up as Commonwealth countries for the day and class seven were Canada.
Mr Pal�t is the fourth from the right in the bottom row.
You may also want to watch:
said: “It was cowboys or Indians and some arrived with the full regalia and some didn’t.
“We went out into the playground and lined up on benches and chairs and they took the photo, that’s all I can remember.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
Mr Pal�t wants anyone who is in the picture, or can identify any of the children, to get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.