Former EastEnders actor Tom Watt meets Barkingside pupils
A former EastEnders actor, who ghost wrote David Beckham’s autobiography, has spoken to pupils about how he compiled his new book of short stories.
English radio presenter, journalist and actor, Tom Watt, who is best known for playing the role of Lofty Holloway in the BBC1 soap visited Ilford County High School, Fremantle Road, Barkingside.
Mr Watt, whose new book focuses on a fictional football team, spoke to Year 8 students and a number of Redbridge primary school pupils about how he made the transition from acting to writing and also took part in a special question and answer session with them.
LRC manager, Paula Saffer, said: “The students love learning about how to translate something you love into something creative and it was good for them to meet somewhere who writes about real experiences.
“All the pupils loved meeting him, especially the boys who are interested in football, and hopefully he inspired them to read a variety of books regularly.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Watt, originally from Wanstead, visited at the end of last month.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients