Former EastEnders actor Tom Watt meets Barkingside pupils
A former EastEnders actor, who ghost wrote David Beckham’s autobiography, has spoken to pupils about how he compiled his new book of short stories.
English radio presenter, journalist and actor, Tom Watt, who is best known for playing the role of Lofty Holloway in the BBC1 soap visited Ilford County High School, Fremantle Road, Barkingside.
Mr Watt, whose new book focuses on a fictional football team, spoke to Year 8 students and a number of Redbridge primary school pupils about how he made the transition from acting to writing and also took part in a special question and answer session with them.
LRC manager, Paula Saffer, said: “The students love learning about how to translate something you love into something creative and it was good for them to meet somewhere who writes about real experiences.
“All the pupils loved meeting him, especially the boys who are interested in football, and hopefully he inspired them to read a variety of books regularly.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Watt, originally from Wanstead, visited at the end of last month.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals