Forest School pupils step into the shoes of history’s greats
- Credit: Archant
A weenie Winston Churchill and a junior Joan of Arc were joined by influential people from history to take over a local school for the day.
Don’t worry the famous figures haven’t been shrunk and discovered how to time travel, instead pupils from Forest School, in Snaresbrook, dressed up as a variety of history’s most influential men and women to mark the start of their new topic - famous faces from the past.
The year one and two pupils researched famous people who were inspirational and influenced the course of history during the Christmas break and shared facts about their chosen figure with their classmates.
The pre-prep pupils dressed as William Shakespeare, Florence Nightingale and Neil Armstrong to name a few of the icons present on the day.
Today’s heroes were not forgotten either as pupils from reception joined in the fun by dressing up as nurses, doctors and fire fighters.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Paul Faulkner, master in charge of the school’s pre-prep, said: “It was a brilliant morning with all the children getting very involved. It was great to see historic figures from Winston Churchill to Princess Diana.
“Each of the pupils shared interesting facts about their famous person while learning about others.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 7 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 8 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 9 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford