Forest School pupils step into the shoes of history’s greats
- Credit: Archant
A weenie Winston Churchill and a junior Joan of Arc were joined by influential people from history to take over a local school for the day.
Don’t worry the famous figures haven’t been shrunk and discovered how to time travel, instead pupils from Forest School, in Snaresbrook, dressed up as a variety of history’s most influential men and women to mark the start of their new topic - famous faces from the past.
The year one and two pupils researched famous people who were inspirational and influenced the course of history during the Christmas break and shared facts about their chosen figure with their classmates.
The pre-prep pupils dressed as William Shakespeare, Florence Nightingale and Neil Armstrong to name a few of the icons present on the day.
Today’s heroes were not forgotten either as pupils from reception joined in the fun by dressing up as nurses, doctors and fire fighters.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Paul Faulkner, master in charge of the school’s pre-prep, said: “It was a brilliant morning with all the children getting very involved. It was great to see historic figures from Winston Churchill to Princess Diana.
“Each of the pupils shared interesting facts about their famous person while learning about others.”
- 1 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 3 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 4 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 5 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 6 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay
- 7 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 8 Crunch meeting fails to provide breakthrough in school sick pay dispute
- 9 Six males detained after alleged brawl in Gants Hill
- 10 Teen stabbed in Chadwell Heath