Flying acrobats and human fountains come to Redbridge as part of Boris’ cultural festival
Flying acrobats, lively vegetables and a man who turns into a fountain will visit Redbridge to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Showtime event, part of the Mayor of London Presents programme across the capital, comes to Ilford town centre in High Road on July 27.
The Bureau of Silly Ideas’ troupe will come dressed as acrobatic road workers to combine high jinks with flying cones.
And the Vegetable Nannies’ interactive show including a cast of vegetable characters will help children to learn about their greens.
The Spurting Man is billed as a “classic and hilarious slice of British street theatre” which sees man become fountain backed by the notes of Ravel’s Bolero.
You may also want to watch:
Les Grooms will provide a mix of music and comedy called Fanfare Tout Terrain and the 3rdThought theatre company will perform one-to-one poems, stories and jokes.
The Showtime tour is going to every London borough combining British street artists with international performers.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “2012 is not only about heroic sporting competition, it is an unprecedented opportunity to showcase on an international stage the prodigious artistic talent that the best big city has to offer.”
Exact timings for events will be found on www.molpresents.com closer to the date.