Flying acrobats and human fountains come to Redbridge as part of Boris’ cultural festival
Flying acrobats, lively vegetables and a man who turns into a fountain will visit Redbridge to celebrate the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The Showtime event, part of the Mayor of London Presents programme across the capital, comes to Ilford town centre in High Road on July 27.
The Bureau of Silly Ideas’ troupe will come dressed as acrobatic road workers to combine high jinks with flying cones.
And the Vegetable Nannies’ interactive show including a cast of vegetable characters will help children to learn about their greens.
The Spurting Man is billed as a “classic and hilarious slice of British street theatre” which sees man become fountain backed by the notes of Ravel’s Bolero.
You may also want to watch:
Les Grooms will provide a mix of music and comedy called Fanfare Tout Terrain and the 3rdThought theatre company will perform one-to-one poems, stories and jokes.
The Showtime tour is going to every London borough combining British street artists with international performers.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 6 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
Mayor of London Boris Johnson said: “2012 is not only about heroic sporting competition, it is an unprecedented opportunity to showcase on an international stage the prodigious artistic talent that the best big city has to offer.”
Exact timings for events will be found on www.molpresents.com closer to the date.