‘First class’ teacher retires from Redbridge Primary School
A teacher has retired after 23 years of “exemplary service” at a primary school.
Chris Meikle who taught for 40 years in total, said an emotional farewell to Redbridge Primary, College Gardens, Redbridge at a party with past and present staff last week.
She began teaching at the school 23 years ago.
Head Carel Buxton said: “She has given exemplary service to the school and her care for the pupils, alongside high expectations, have made her a first class teacher.
“She will be remembered by the children, the parents and her colleagues with great affection and warmth.
You may also want to watch:
“We all wish her a fantastic and well deserved retirement.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin