‘First class’ teacher retires from Redbridge Primary School
A teacher has retired after 23 years of “exemplary service” at a primary school.
Chris Meikle who taught for 40 years in total, said an emotional farewell to Redbridge Primary, College Gardens, Redbridge at a party with past and present staff last week.
She began teaching at the school 23 years ago.
Head Carel Buxton said: “She has given exemplary service to the school and her care for the pupils, alongside high expectations, have made her a first class teacher.
“She will be remembered by the children, the parents and her colleagues with great affection and warmth.
You may also want to watch:
“We all wish her a fantastic and well deserved retirement.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 6 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 9 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools