‘First class’ teacher retires from Redbridge Primary School
A teacher has retired after 23 years of “exemplary service” at a primary school.
Chris Meikle who taught for 40 years in total, said an emotional farewell to Redbridge Primary, College Gardens, Redbridge at a party with past and present staff last week.
She began teaching at the school 23 years ago.
Head Carel Buxton said: “She has given exemplary service to the school and her care for the pupils, alongside high expectations, have made her a first class teacher.
“She will be remembered by the children, the parents and her colleagues with great affection and warmth.
You may also want to watch:
“We all wish her a fantastic and well deserved retirement.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding