‘First class’ teacher retires from Redbridge Primary School
A teacher has retired after 23 years of “exemplary service” at a primary school.
Chris Meikle who taught for 40 years in total, said an emotional farewell to Redbridge Primary, College Gardens, Redbridge at a party with past and present staff last week.
She began teaching at the school 23 years ago.
Head Carel Buxton said: “She has given exemplary service to the school and her care for the pupils, alongside high expectations, have made her a first class teacher.
“She will be remembered by the children, the parents and her colleagues with great affection and warmth.
You may also want to watch:
“We all wish her a fantastic and well deserved retirement.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford