Family fun at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
NIMBLE fingers got to work at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education during a fun-packed week of half term events.
Children and parents flocked to the institute, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, for its family learning festival.
One of the highlights of the week, which included face painting and crafts, was soap making, The workshops saw visitors putting their skills to the test to make their own colourful bars of fragant soap.
More than 100 families took part in the festival, which was also held at libraries across the borough.
Youngsters got a chance to try a henna tattoo and crafted butterflies and key rings during a series of classes.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Sotiriou, family learning team leader from Redbridge Institute said: “This year we put on a wider range of activities and attracted more families than in previous years.
“The festival is an opportunity for families to try our family learning many go on to enrol on our family courses.”
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved