Family fun at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
NIMBLE fingers got to work at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education during a fun-packed week of half term events.
Children and parents flocked to the institute, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, for its family learning festival.
One of the highlights of the week, which included face painting and crafts, was soap making, The workshops saw visitors putting their skills to the test to make their own colourful bars of fragant soap.
More than 100 families took part in the festival, which was also held at libraries across the borough.
Youngsters got a chance to try a henna tattoo and crafted butterflies and key rings during a series of classes.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Sotiriou, family learning team leader from Redbridge Institute said: “This year we put on a wider range of activities and attracted more families than in previous years.
“The festival is an opportunity for families to try our family learning many go on to enrol on our family courses.”
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman