Family fun at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
NIMBLE fingers got to work at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education during a fun-packed week of half term events.
Children and parents flocked to the institute, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, for its family learning festival.
One of the highlights of the week, which included face painting and crafts, was soap making, The workshops saw visitors putting their skills to the test to make their own colourful bars of fragant soap.
More than 100 families took part in the festival, which was also held at libraries across the borough.
Youngsters got a chance to try a henna tattoo and crafted butterflies and key rings during a series of classes.
You may also want to watch:
Maria Sotiriou, family learning team leader from Redbridge Institute said: “This year we put on a wider range of activities and attracted more families than in previous years.
“The festival is an opportunity for families to try our family learning many go on to enrol on our family courses.”
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home