Family fun at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education
NIMBLE fingers got to work at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education during a fun-packed week of half term events.
Children and parents flocked to the institute, in Gaysham Avenue, Gants Hill, for its family learning festival.
One of the highlights of the week, which included face painting and crafts, was soap making, The workshops saw visitors putting their skills to the test to make their own colourful bars of fragant soap.
More than 100 families took part in the festival, which was also held at libraries across the borough.
Youngsters got a chance to try a henna tattoo and crafted butterflies and key rings during a series of classes.
Maria Sotiriou, family learning team leader from Redbridge Institute said: “This year we put on a wider range of activities and attracted more families than in previous years.
“The festival is an opportunity for families to try our family learning many go on to enrol on our family courses.”
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Update on search for older man walking barefoot along Chigwell Road
- 3 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 4 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 5 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 10 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns