Elite Team GB volleyball players help Wanstead pupils get into sport
Two elite Team GB volleyball players have been helping young pupils in Wanstead get into sport.
Lucy Boulton visited Wanstead High School in Redbridge Lane West last week to take part in a multi-sports session.
She tried out table-tennis and squash with students and also showed them the basics of her own sport.
The pupils have also taken part in table tennis classes with volleyball player Chris Gregory.
Chris also visited the Drummond Lawn Tennis Club in Nutter Lane, Wanstead, to rekindle his childhood passion for tennis with the pupils.
You may also want to watch:
The events were organised by charity the Thames Gateway Foundation through a £32million National Lottery funded programme that aims to get 14 to 25 year olds into sport.
Lucy said: “The Sportivate programme is a fantastic way to ensure many young adults have lots of opportunities to take up a broad range of sports.”
- 1 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 2 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 3 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 4 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 5 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 8 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
It is also backed by Pro-Active East London and Sport England.