Elite Team GB volleyball players help Wanstead pupils get into sport
Two elite Team GB volleyball players have been helping young pupils in Wanstead get into sport.
Lucy Boulton visited Wanstead High School in Redbridge Lane West last week to take part in a multi-sports session.
She tried out table-tennis and squash with students and also showed them the basics of her own sport.
The pupils have also taken part in table tennis classes with volleyball player Chris Gregory.
Chris also visited the Drummond Lawn Tennis Club in Nutter Lane, Wanstead, to rekindle his childhood passion for tennis with the pupils.
The events were organised by charity the Thames Gateway Foundation through a £32million National Lottery funded programme that aims to get 14 to 25 year olds into sport.
Lucy said: “The Sportivate programme is a fantastic way to ensure many young adults have lots of opportunities to take up a broad range of sports.”
- 1 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 2 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 3 Community opposition to Hainault bank closure
- 4 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 5 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 6 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Councils get cash to tackle chewing gum on high streets
- 9 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
- 10 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
It is also backed by Pro-Active East London and Sport England.