Elite Team GB volleyball players help Wanstead pupils get into sport
Two elite Team GB volleyball players have been helping young pupils in Wanstead get into sport.
Lucy Boulton visited Wanstead High School in Redbridge Lane West last week to take part in a multi-sports session.
She tried out table-tennis and squash with students and also showed them the basics of her own sport.
The pupils have also taken part in table tennis classes with volleyball player Chris Gregory.
Chris also visited the Drummond Lawn Tennis Club in Nutter Lane, Wanstead, to rekindle his childhood passion for tennis with the pupils.
You may also want to watch:
The events were organised by charity the Thames Gateway Foundation through a £32million National Lottery funded programme that aims to get 14 to 25 year olds into sport.
Lucy said: “The Sportivate programme is a fantastic way to ensure many young adults have lots of opportunities to take up a broad range of sports.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 3 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
It is also backed by Pro-Active East London and Sport England.