Elite Team GB volleyball players help Wanstead pupils get into sport
Two elite Team GB volleyball players have been helping young pupils in Wanstead get into sport.
Lucy Boulton visited Wanstead High School in Redbridge Lane West last week to take part in a multi-sports session.
She tried out table-tennis and squash with students and also showed them the basics of her own sport.
The pupils have also taken part in table tennis classes with volleyball player Chris Gregory.
Chris also visited the Drummond Lawn Tennis Club in Nutter Lane, Wanstead, to rekindle his childhood passion for tennis with the pupils.
You may also want to watch:
The events were organised by charity the Thames Gateway Foundation through a £32million National Lottery funded programme that aims to get 14 to 25 year olds into sport.
Lucy said: “The Sportivate programme is a fantastic way to ensure many young adults have lots of opportunities to take up a broad range of sports.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
It is also backed by Pro-Active East London and Sport England.