Elite Team GB volleyball players help Wanstead pupils get into sport
Two elite Team GB volleyball players have been helping young pupils in Wanstead get into sport.
Lucy Boulton visited Wanstead High School in Redbridge Lane West last week to take part in a multi-sports session.
She tried out table-tennis and squash with students and also showed them the basics of her own sport.
The pupils have also taken part in table tennis classes with volleyball player Chris Gregory.
Chris also visited the Drummond Lawn Tennis Club in Nutter Lane, Wanstead, to rekindle his childhood passion for tennis with the pupils.
The events were organised by charity the Thames Gateway Foundation through a £32million National Lottery funded programme that aims to get 14 to 25 year olds into sport.
Lucy said: “The Sportivate programme is a fantastic way to ensure many young adults have lots of opportunities to take up a broad range of sports.”
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 5 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 6 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
- 7 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 8 Ilford social club elects new president for 2022
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
It is also backed by Pro-Active East London and Sport England.