Cyclists invited on tour of the Roding Valley as part of Bike Week
Residents are being invited on a cycle tour of the Roding Valley to help celebrate Bike Week.
The 13-mile Sky Ride sets off from the car park in Wanstead Flats, Centre Road, at 2pm on Sunday.
Cyclists will travel to Wanstead Park and then the River Roding before continuing to Ray Park in Woodford Green.
The ride is suitable for children aged 11 years and older and is led by a trained British Cycling ride leader.
Rob McLean, London’s recreation manager for British Cycling, said: “It’s a brilliant opportunity for anyone who would like to build their confidence on a bike as the route is traffic free.”
You may also want to watch:
The ride is estimated to last two hours 30 minutes with rest stops and breaks.
Children who take part will receive a free gift.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
The Redbridge Cycling Centre in Forest Road, Hainault, is also offering free entry until Friday as part of the national week.
Go to www.vision-rcl.org.uk to print out a voucher which is valid for two adults and two children.