Cyclists invited on tour of the Roding Valley as part of Bike Week
Residents are being invited on a cycle tour of the Roding Valley to help celebrate Bike Week.
The 13-mile Sky Ride sets off from the car park in Wanstead Flats, Centre Road, at 2pm on Sunday.
Cyclists will travel to Wanstead Park and then the River Roding before continuing to Ray Park in Woodford Green.
The ride is suitable for children aged 11 years and older and is led by a trained British Cycling ride leader.
Rob McLean, London’s recreation manager for British Cycling, said: “It’s a brilliant opportunity for anyone who would like to build their confidence on a bike as the route is traffic free.”
You may also want to watch:
The ride is estimated to last two hours 30 minutes with rest stops and breaks.
Children who take part will receive a free gift.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The Redbridge Cycling Centre in Forest Road, Hainault, is also offering free entry until Friday as part of the national week.
Go to www.vision-rcl.org.uk to print out a voucher which is valid for two adults and two children.