Cyclists invited on tour of the Roding Valley as part of Bike Week
Residents are being invited on a cycle tour of the Roding Valley to help celebrate Bike Week.
The 13-mile Sky Ride sets off from the car park in Wanstead Flats, Centre Road, at 2pm on Sunday.
Cyclists will travel to Wanstead Park and then the River Roding before continuing to Ray Park in Woodford Green.
The ride is suitable for children aged 11 years and older and is led by a trained British Cycling ride leader.
Rob McLean, London’s recreation manager for British Cycling, said: “It’s a brilliant opportunity for anyone who would like to build their confidence on a bike as the route is traffic free.”
You may also want to watch:
The ride is estimated to last two hours 30 minutes with rest stops and breaks.
Children who take part will receive a free gift.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 6 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 7 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 8 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
The Redbridge Cycling Centre in Forest Road, Hainault, is also offering free entry until Friday as part of the national week.
Go to www.vision-rcl.org.uk to print out a voucher which is valid for two adults and two children.