Cyclists invited on tour of the Roding Valley as part of Bike Week
Residents are being invited on a cycle tour of the Roding Valley to help celebrate Bike Week.
The 13-mile Sky Ride sets off from the car park in Wanstead Flats, Centre Road, at 2pm on Sunday.
Cyclists will travel to Wanstead Park and then the River Roding before continuing to Ray Park in Woodford Green.
The ride is suitable for children aged 11 years and older and is led by a trained British Cycling ride leader.
Rob McLean, London’s recreation manager for British Cycling, said: “It’s a brilliant opportunity for anyone who would like to build their confidence on a bike as the route is traffic free.”
You may also want to watch:
The ride is estimated to last two hours 30 minutes with rest stops and breaks.
Children who take part will receive a free gift.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
The Redbridge Cycling Centre in Forest Road, Hainault, is also offering free entry until Friday as part of the national week.
Go to www.vision-rcl.org.uk to print out a voucher which is valid for two adults and two children.