Cockney knees up helps showcase Redbridge College
A cockney knees up was organised to showcase the courses and facilities on offer at Redbridge College.
More than 150 people enjoyed traditional east end food including pie and mash and seafood at the Barley Lane, Little Heath campus.
All the food was prepared by the college’s hospitality and catering students and gave them a chance to show off their newly acquired culinary skills.
Sharon Sullivan, from the college, said: “The cockney evening was a fantastic opportunity for our learners to gain experience of preparing a wide variety of traditional British dishes for paying customers.
“It was excellent to see so many local people coming out to support the event.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of activities were organised including face painting, jousting and football.
The next open day will be held on June 23 from 10-2pm.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack