Cockney knees up helps showcase Redbridge College
A cockney knees up was organised to showcase the courses and facilities on offer at Redbridge College.
More than 150 people enjoyed traditional east end food including pie and mash and seafood at the Barley Lane, Little Heath campus.
All the food was prepared by the college’s hospitality and catering students and gave them a chance to show off their newly acquired culinary skills.
Sharon Sullivan, from the college, said: “The cockney evening was a fantastic opportunity for our learners to gain experience of preparing a wide variety of traditional British dishes for paying customers.
“It was excellent to see so many local people coming out to support the event.”
A number of activities were organised including face painting, jousting and football.
The next open day will be held on June 23 from 10-2pm.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 4 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 5 'There was no life without resistance': World War Two veteran dies aged 94
- 6 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 7 Dog units 'really good tool' to help police tackle violent crime, officers say
- 8 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 9 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 10 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games