Cockney knees up helps showcase Redbridge College
A cockney knees up was organised to showcase the courses and facilities on offer at Redbridge College.
More than 150 people enjoyed traditional east end food including pie and mash and seafood at the Barley Lane, Little Heath campus.
All the food was prepared by the college’s hospitality and catering students and gave them a chance to show off their newly acquired culinary skills.
Sharon Sullivan, from the college, said: “The cockney evening was a fantastic opportunity for our learners to gain experience of preparing a wide variety of traditional British dishes for paying customers.
“It was excellent to see so many local people coming out to support the event.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of activities were organised including face painting, jousting and football.
The next open day will be held on June 23 from 10-2pm.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 4 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 5 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 6 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 7 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 8 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 9 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 10 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang