Cockney knees up helps showcase Redbridge College
A cockney knees up was organised to showcase the courses and facilities on offer at Redbridge College.
More than 150 people enjoyed traditional east end food including pie and mash and seafood at the Barley Lane, Little Heath campus.
All the food was prepared by the college’s hospitality and catering students and gave them a chance to show off their newly acquired culinary skills.
Sharon Sullivan, from the college, said: “The cockney evening was a fantastic opportunity for our learners to gain experience of preparing a wide variety of traditional British dishes for paying customers.
“It was excellent to see so many local people coming out to support the event.”
You may also want to watch:
A number of activities were organised including face painting, jousting and football.
The next open day will be held on June 23 from 10-2pm.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k