Clayhall school celebrates 60th anniversary with Disney star Naomi Scott
A Clayhall school celebrated its 60th anniversary on Friday with a lunch, talent contest, fete and star guest Naomi Scott, from the Disney Channel.
The star of Disney film Lemonade Mouth judged the talent show at Gilbert Colvin Primary School and signed autographs for the children.
Head teacher Debbie Wiles said: “They were excited to see her, there were a few hysterical screams.
“It was a very good day.”
Pupils and teachers celebrated the occasion with a “corridor party” after the playground street party was rained off.
You may also want to watch:
And Year 6 students had an Apprentice-style competition to see who made the most profit with stalls at the summer fete.
The 60th anniversary had a special significance for the school in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 3 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
Mr Wiles said: “The building of the school coincided with the Queen’s ascension to the throne and if you look from above, the building is in the shape of a giant ‘E’.”