Clayhall school celebrates 60th anniversary with Disney star Naomi Scott
A Clayhall school celebrated its 60th anniversary on Friday with a lunch, talent contest, fete and star guest Naomi Scott, from the Disney Channel.
The star of Disney film Lemonade Mouth judged the talent show at Gilbert Colvin Primary School and signed autographs for the children.
Head teacher Debbie Wiles said: “They were excited to see her, there were a few hysterical screams.
“It was a very good day.”
Pupils and teachers celebrated the occasion with a “corridor party” after the playground street party was rained off.
And Year 6 students had an Apprentice-style competition to see who made the most profit with stalls at the summer fete.
The 60th anniversary had a special significance for the school in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
- 1 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 5 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 6 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 7 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
Mr Wiles said: “The building of the school coincided with the Queen’s ascension to the throne and if you look from above, the building is in the shape of a giant ‘E’.”