Clayhall school celebrates 60th anniversary with Disney star Naomi Scott
A Clayhall school celebrated its 60th anniversary on Friday with a lunch, talent contest, fete and star guest Naomi Scott, from the Disney Channel.
The star of Disney film Lemonade Mouth judged the talent show at Gilbert Colvin Primary School and signed autographs for the children.
Head teacher Debbie Wiles said: “They were excited to see her, there were a few hysterical screams.
“It was a very good day.”
Pupils and teachers celebrated the occasion with a “corridor party” after the playground street party was rained off.
You may also want to watch:
And Year 6 students had an Apprentice-style competition to see who made the most profit with stalls at the summer fete.
The 60th anniversary had a special significance for the school in the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Year.
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 9 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
Mr Wiles said: “The building of the school coincided with the Queen’s ascension to the throne and if you look from above, the building is in the shape of a giant ‘E’.”