Children shaking sleepiness away with new dance sessions at Goodmayes nursery
- Credit: Archant
You might think that dancing and jumping around would tire these toddlers out but a Goodmayes nursery is using it to wake everyone up.
“Awake and shake” at King George Nursery, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, aims to reinvigorate the tiny tots aged between two and five in the morning or late afternoon.
Staff and children sing together and are learning a choreographed dance to keep active.
The sessions started on Friday and went down a treat.
Karen Runnalls said: “The kids absolutely love it.
You may also want to watch:
“They put on a T-shirt and get to have 10 minutes to jump around like loonies.”
- 1 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas