Children shaking sleepiness away with new dance sessions at Goodmayes nursery
- Credit: Archant
You might think that dancing and jumping around would tire these toddlers out but a Goodmayes nursery is using it to wake everyone up.
“Awake and shake” at King George Nursery, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, aims to reinvigorate the tiny tots aged between two and five in the morning or late afternoon.
Staff and children sing together and are learning a choreographed dance to keep active.
The sessions started on Friday and went down a treat.
Karen Runnalls said: “The kids absolutely love it.
You may also want to watch:
“They put on a T-shirt and get to have 10 minutes to jump around like loonies.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding