Children shaking sleepiness away with new dance sessions at Goodmayes nursery
- Credit: Archant
You might think that dancing and jumping around would tire these toddlers out but a Goodmayes nursery is using it to wake everyone up.
“Awake and shake” at King George Nursery, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, aims to reinvigorate the tiny tots aged between two and five in the morning or late afternoon.
Staff and children sing together and are learning a choreographed dance to keep active.
The sessions started on Friday and went down a treat.
Karen Runnalls said: “The kids absolutely love it.
You may also want to watch:
“They put on a T-shirt and get to have 10 minutes to jump around like loonies.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford