Children shaking sleepiness away with new dance sessions at Goodmayes nursery
- Credit: Archant
You might think that dancing and jumping around would tire these toddlers out but a Goodmayes nursery is using it to wake everyone up.
“Awake and shake” at King George Nursery, in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, aims to reinvigorate the tiny tots aged between two and five in the morning or late afternoon.
Staff and children sing together and are learning a choreographed dance to keep active.
The sessions started on Friday and went down a treat.
Karen Runnalls said: “The kids absolutely love it.
You may also want to watch:
“They put on a T-shirt and get to have 10 minutes to jump around like loonies.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole