Children paint mural as ‘legacy’ to Hainault school
Children at a Hainault school have created a mural of eight paintings representing self-belief.
Year six pupils at Manford Primary School, in Manford Way, were helped with the work by artist Sharon Drew and her son.
Teacher Samantha Simmonds said they came up with their own ideas to represent the school motto “believe in yourself”.
She added: “We wanted the pupils to leave a legacy to the school.
“The mural is absolutely brilliant, we’re all really proud of them and the paintings really brighten up the playground.”
You may also want to watch:
The paintings show gymnasts, skateboarders, swimmers and even a graffiti artist.
Children completed the paintings with two days of work a week over three weeks.
- 1 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 2 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 5 Ilford MP Wes Streeting is cancer-free after successful operation
- 6 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 7 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 10 Women use experiences to offer safety insights about Redbridge