Children organise dog fun day in Clayhall Park in memory of mum Kay
- Credit: Archant
Two children from Hainault raised £1,350 in memory of their mum at a charity fun day.
Together with dog day care and grooming salon Paw-fect, Mia Cohen, 10 and brother Zak, nine, held a dog event in Clayahll Park, Longwood Gardens on Sunday, September 24.
Their mum, Kay, died 18 months ago at the age of 37, and all money raised was donated to Cancer Research UK.
Dad Spencer opened the event and residents enjoyed raffles, an auction and even a dog-kissing booth.
Stacy Ismael, of Paw-fect, Clayhall, said the event came about when she was travelling with the Cohens.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a beautiful sunset and Your Song was playing.
“Zak said it reminded him of his mum and that he would like to put on a charity day– I said let’s do it.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
“It was a fantastic day, tinged with sadness, but overall a celebration of her life,” she said.