Children organise dog fun day in Clayhall Park in memory of mum Kay
- Credit: Archant
Two children from Hainault raised £1,350 in memory of their mum at a charity fun day.
Together with dog day care and grooming salon Paw-fect, Mia Cohen, 10 and brother Zak, nine, held a dog event in Clayahll Park, Longwood Gardens on Sunday, September 24.
Their mum, Kay, died 18 months ago at the age of 37, and all money raised was donated to Cancer Research UK.
Dad Spencer opened the event and residents enjoyed raffles, an auction and even a dog-kissing booth.
Stacy Ismael, of Paw-fect, Clayhall, said the event came about when she was travelling with the Cohens.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a beautiful sunset and Your Song was playing.
“Zak said it reminded him of his mum and that he would like to put on a charity day– I said let’s do it.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Patients urged to avoid Whipps Cross A&E after flooding
“It was a fantastic day, tinged with sadness, but overall a celebration of her life,” she said.