Children organise dog fun day in Clayhall Park in memory of mum Kay
- Credit: Archant
Two children from Hainault raised £1,350 in memory of their mum at a charity fun day.
Together with dog day care and grooming salon Paw-fect, Mia Cohen, 10 and brother Zak, nine, held a dog event in Clayahll Park, Longwood Gardens on Sunday, September 24.
Their mum, Kay, died 18 months ago at the age of 37, and all money raised was donated to Cancer Research UK.
Dad Spencer opened the event and residents enjoyed raffles, an auction and even a dog-kissing booth.
Stacy Ismael, of Paw-fect, Clayhall, said the event came about when she was travelling with the Cohens.
You may also want to watch:
“There was a beautiful sunset and Your Song was playing.
“Zak said it reminded him of his mum and that he would like to put on a charity day– I said let’s do it.”
- 1 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 4 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 5 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 6 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 7 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 8 EV charging hub launched in South Woodford as ULEZ expands
- 9 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 10 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
“It was a fantastic day, tinged with sadness, but overall a celebration of her life,” she said.