Chadwell Heath community mela shows ‘spirit of enterprise’
- Credit: Archant
Residents, families and councillors enjoyed the wide variety of stalls available at the first community mela in Chadwell Heath.
Held at The Majorie Collins Centre, in Grove Road, on Saturday, people enjoyed food and drink, and tried on some of the beautiful clothes on sale.
Redbridge Mayor Cllr Gurdial Bhamra visited the event with the Deputy Mayor Cllr Zulfiqar Hussain.
Cllr Bhamra told the Recorder: “I saw the spirit of enterprise, something I have not seen before, a new spirit was awakening.
“Lots of young ladies were setting up their businesses, it was a fantastic networking event.”
The organiser Shamima Aktar said: “I wish to thank everyone who attended the mela in making it a success.
“We have a multicultural community in Chadwell Heath. We need to celebrate our diversity and learn about each others cultures.”
- 1 Ten businesses crowned winners at inaugural Ilford South Business Awards
- 2 Pan-Asian noodle bar opens on Ilford High Street
- 3 Student nurse charged with alleged rape
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 6 Second Redbridge crime enforcement hub launches in Hainault
- 7 Covid vaccine - one year on: London boroughs among worst for jab rates
- 8 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns