Chadwell Heath community mela shows ‘spirit of enterprise’
- Credit: Archant
Residents, families and councillors enjoyed the wide variety of stalls available at the first community mela in Chadwell Heath.
Held at The Majorie Collins Centre, in Grove Road, on Saturday, people enjoyed food and drink, and tried on some of the beautiful clothes on sale.
Redbridge Mayor Cllr Gurdial Bhamra visited the event with the Deputy Mayor Cllr Zulfiqar Hussain.
Cllr Bhamra told the Recorder: “I saw the spirit of enterprise, something I have not seen before, a new spirit was awakening.
“Lots of young ladies were setting up their businesses, it was a fantastic networking event.”
You may also want to watch:
The organiser Shamima Aktar said: “I wish to thank everyone who attended the mela in making it a success.
“We have a multicultural community in Chadwell Heath. We need to celebrate our diversity and learn about each others cultures.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 8 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack