CBBC character Sportacus teaches Redbridge children how to keep fit
Redbridge children are being shown how to keep healthy by an athletic television character for National Obesity Week.
Sportacus, from CBBC’s Lazy Town, has been leaping into schools across the borough to talk to pupils about healthy eating and keeping fit.
On Friday he delighted the audience at the Peabody Children’s Centre in Ilford with leaps and somersaults.
Played by show creator Magn�s Scheving, ‘Sportacus’ teaches children how to play games and sports and battles the evil Robbie Rotten from making the town lazy.
His visits last week were part of a North East London NHS Foundation Trust and Vision health drive ahead of National Obesity Week this week.
You may also want to watch:
Children were given sticker charts to monitor what fruit and vegetables they eat and how much time they spend exercising.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault