CBBC character Sportacus teaches Redbridge children how to keep fit
Redbridge children are being shown how to keep healthy by an athletic television character for National Obesity Week.
Sportacus, from CBBC’s Lazy Town, has been leaping into schools across the borough to talk to pupils about healthy eating and keeping fit.
On Friday he delighted the audience at the Peabody Children’s Centre in Ilford with leaps and somersaults.
Played by show creator Magn�s Scheving, ‘Sportacus’ teaches children how to play games and sports and battles the evil Robbie Rotten from making the town lazy.
His visits last week were part of a North East London NHS Foundation Trust and Vision health drive ahead of National Obesity Week this week.
You may also want to watch:
Children were given sticker charts to monitor what fruit and vegetables they eat and how much time they spend exercising.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 9 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence