Cash approved for more school places in Redbridge from September
Additional funding has been awarded to try and ease the pressure on school places in the borough.
The cabinet approved �460,000 for more reception and Year 1 school places from September.
A further �127,000 has been approved for the Avanti Court Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside. It will provide 840 school places when full.
Beal High School has also been awarded �22million to fund expansion of the school.
The school in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, will expand from eight forms of entry to 12. This will provide 600 secondary school places.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary mobile buildings will be used for additional pupils in September 2013 until the new building is completed in July 2014.
Cllr Alan Weinberg, cabinet member of children’s services, said: “If we keep providing more primary school places then we need more secondary places.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 6 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 7 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 8 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
For admission into September’s 2012 reception intake, 4,311 applications were made compared with last year’s 4,006 applications.