Cash approved for more school places in Redbridge from September
Additional funding has been awarded to try and ease the pressure on school places in the borough.
The cabinet approved �460,000 for more reception and Year 1 school places from September.
A further �127,000 has been approved for the Avanti Court Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside. It will provide 840 school places when full.
Beal High School has also been awarded �22million to fund expansion of the school.
The school in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, will expand from eight forms of entry to 12. This will provide 600 secondary school places.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary mobile buildings will be used for additional pupils in September 2013 until the new building is completed in July 2014.
Cllr Alan Weinberg, cabinet member of children’s services, said: “If we keep providing more primary school places then we need more secondary places.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Council left homeless family 'stuck in cycle of instability', report finds
For admission into September’s 2012 reception intake, 4,311 applications were made compared with last year’s 4,006 applications.