Cash approved for more school places in Redbridge from September
Additional funding has been awarded to try and ease the pressure on school places in the borough.
The cabinet approved �460,000 for more reception and Year 1 school places from September.
A further �127,000 has been approved for the Avanti Court Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside. It will provide 840 school places when full.
Beal High School has also been awarded �22million to fund expansion of the school.
The school in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, will expand from eight forms of entry to 12. This will provide 600 secondary school places.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary mobile buildings will be used for additional pupils in September 2013 until the new building is completed in July 2014.
Cllr Alan Weinberg, cabinet member of children’s services, said: “If we keep providing more primary school places then we need more secondary places.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
For admission into September’s 2012 reception intake, 4,311 applications were made compared with last year’s 4,006 applications.