Cash approved for more school places in Redbridge from September
Additional funding has been awarded to try and ease the pressure on school places in the borough.
The cabinet approved �460,000 for more reception and Year 1 school places from September.
A further �127,000 has been approved for the Avanti Court Primary School, Carlton Drive, Barkingside. It will provide 840 school places when full.
Beal High School has also been awarded �22million to fund expansion of the school.
The school in Woodford Bridge Road, Redbridge, will expand from eight forms of entry to 12. This will provide 600 secondary school places.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary mobile buildings will be used for additional pupils in September 2013 until the new building is completed in July 2014.
Cllr Alan Weinberg, cabinet member of children’s services, said: “If we keep providing more primary school places then we need more secondary places.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools
For admission into September’s 2012 reception intake, 4,311 applications were made compared with last year’s 4,006 applications.