Cabinet - Council rent increases and an Olympic legacy fund created
Plans to increase rents, service charges and heating charges during the next financial year have been approved.
However, garage and parking charges will remain the same.
The average rent increase will be 3.56 per cent for council tenants taking the average weekly rent from �95.19 to �98.58.
The average service charge will increase from �4.72 to �4.98 each week.
Garage charges will remain the same at either �10 or �15 depending on location.
Heating and hot water charges will increase of an average 6 per cent to �12.31 a week. However heating charges for the Orchard Estate, Broadmead road, Woodford Green will be unchanged until an energy review is conducted.
Also approved during the cabinet meeting was a fund to pay for initiatives which will build on the values of the Olympics and Paralympics.
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
The Legacy Fund has been given �300,000 raised from the Snoozebox temporary hotel which was based in Hainault Forest Country Park, Fox Burrow Road, Hainault.
The fund will be used to encourage sustainability; community and volunteering; culture and heritage; and sport, physical activity and health.
Money will be available to Redbridge-based not for profit organisations which has a project promoting these themes.
The maximum grant for any one project is �15,000 and each organisation can only receive the grant once.
The application process should be open next month.