Bollywood among dances at Ilford school’s Olympic carnival
Bollywood and the twist were two of the vibrant dances at an Olympic-themed carnival held at an Ilford school.
Each year group at Highlands Primary School, from nursery to Year 6, performed different dances to celebrate multicultural London.
There were also dances taking inspiration from the Olympic torch and rings.
Deputy headteacher Jean Durr said: “The staff are very talented at choreographing the dances and mixing the music – the standard of performance seems to get higher and higher every year.
“The pupils design and make their own costumes, so the carnival was very colourful.”
You may also want to watch:
The event at the school in Highlands Gardens on Monday was followed by a fete with Year 6 students running many of the stalls.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 5 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London