Bollywood among dances at Ilford school’s Olympic carnival
Bollywood and the twist were two of the vibrant dances at an Olympic-themed carnival held at an Ilford school.
Each year group at Highlands Primary School, from nursery to Year 6, performed different dances to celebrate multicultural London.
There were also dances taking inspiration from the Olympic torch and rings.
Deputy headteacher Jean Durr said: “The staff are very talented at choreographing the dances and mixing the music – the standard of performance seems to get higher and higher every year.
“The pupils design and make their own costumes, so the carnival was very colourful.”
You may also want to watch:
The event at the school in Highlands Gardens on Monday was followed by a fete with Year 6 students running many of the stalls.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death