Bollywood among dances at Ilford school’s Olympic carnival
Bollywood and the twist were two of the vibrant dances at an Olympic-themed carnival held at an Ilford school.
Each year group at Highlands Primary School, from nursery to Year 6, performed different dances to celebrate multicultural London.
There were also dances taking inspiration from the Olympic torch and rings.
Deputy headteacher Jean Durr said: “The staff are very talented at choreographing the dances and mixing the music – the standard of performance seems to get higher and higher every year.
“The pupils design and make their own costumes, so the carnival was very colourful.”
You may also want to watch:
The event at the school in Highlands Gardens on Monday was followed by a fete with Year 6 students running many of the stalls.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford