Bollywood among dances at Ilford school’s Olympic carnival
Bollywood and the twist were two of the vibrant dances at an Olympic-themed carnival held at an Ilford school.
Each year group at Highlands Primary School, from nursery to Year 6, performed different dances to celebrate multicultural London.
There were also dances taking inspiration from the Olympic torch and rings.
Deputy headteacher Jean Durr said: “The staff are very talented at choreographing the dances and mixing the music – the standard of performance seems to get higher and higher every year.
“The pupils design and make their own costumes, so the carnival was very colourful.”
You may also want to watch:
The event at the school in Highlands Gardens on Monday was followed by a fete with Year 6 students running many of the stalls.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms